Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Something to worry about?  (Read 974 times)

seankenn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Something to worry about?
« on: June 11, 2004, 11:26:52 AM »
Last night I took Prep Test 42 and completely bombed it.  The games section killed me.  I usually miss 0-2, but I missed 9.  I missed 7 of the 9 due to a misread of the rules.  I tell myself it was because I was tired, but it could happen on the test, too.  Just getting these correct would have shot my score into a more acceptable range.  I believe I should have done a normal range if not for a few very stupid mistakes.  Is this something I should worry about on the real deal? 

I hate this test and can't wait for it to be over.  I need a drink, but not untill Tuesday.

M2

Re: Something to worry about?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 11:29:25 AM »
I completely bombed a test last week...its no big deal, although it hurts at the time.
Take a break.

seankenn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 11:35:13 AM »
It is my last prep test before Monday, so it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.  But I take it as a lesson learned regarding if I should cancel.  I knew I bombed games, so I now know what it feels like to bomb the section.  I can compare this to the test.  I just hope it is like Prep Test 41 because I got perfect on that games section and I knew it when I took it.  That is always a confidence booster when you know you really kick its ass during the test.  Good Luck to all on Monday.

superiorlobe

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 11:47:00 AM »
Everytime you take a PrepTest you should estimate your score before calculating your score.  Over time you will get a pretty good sense of how you did.  On the other hand, I estimated my score on my test last night and was off by 8 points.  I definitely would have kept that score based on my estimation but it ended up being just mediocre.

Sen

• Dreaming of being a soul-less corporate lawyer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 11:48:48 AM »
On test day, you are going to be extra alert, with all the adrenalin flowing. DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!!! You're going to do fine. Just for your info, when I take a test tired, I get at least 2x as many questions wrong- and I sometimes run out of time. I realized after the first 10 or so practice tests, that taking tests when tired is not representitive of how you're going to do on T-day.

Think about the test- psych yourself out, but don't worry about how bad you're going to do.

-Sen
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=sen

Deposit @ UNC
Waitlisted @ BU, WUSL, Fordham, Gtown
Last Hope @ Vanderbilt

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2004, 10:29:01 PM »
seanken,

I bombed this one too, and it was also the last one I'm taking before Monday.  It definitely does leave a sour taste in your mouth.  Bombing this test hurt more than all the others, and definitely upset me in a way others hadn't.  I'm feeling a tiny bit better about it now, but only becuase my boyfriend made me go out and do things and not dwell on it.

I'm hoping for my sake that it won't happen to any of us on Monday.  Can it?  Sure.  Will it?  Not necessarily.  The biggest challenge at this point is not to psych ourselves out.  Dwelling on a score like that won't do you any good, just as it won't do me any good.  So here's hoping that adreline and knowing it's the "real deal" will keep us sharp and alert on Monday and help us along our way to whatever goals we've set. Good luck to you, me, and all of us!

M2

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2004, 10:52:10 PM »
Jacy,

your scores are so consistent I can't imagine you scoring below the high 160s.

Skittles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2004, 12:28:53 AM »
I also bombed a practice test.  Actually, I've bombed several.  My scores range from 163 to 177 and there's not pattern to them at all.  The third practice test I took was a 175 and my most recent was a 163... yesterday I scored two 171s... and the days before that I was getting 167s.  It totally doesn't make any sense. 

Haz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2004, 01:39:30 AM »
My last 4 tests have been 164-165-164-165.  I think i know what to expect if I can keep my cool on test day.
Hello Wisconsin!