Law School Discussion

props to the 'studying for the lsat' board

props to the 'studying for the lsat' board
« on: June 11, 2004, 06:54:02 AM »
this has been a new experience for me.  generally, if i am determined to achieve something and i work hard at it, i'll be successful.  unfortunately, that has not been the case with the lsat.  i have worked very hard at impoving my skills for this test, but it doesnt look like i will meet my goal of scoring in the 160's (yes, i know most of you are comfortably in the mid-high 160's).  this just hasnt been something that has come easily for me (or come at all, for that matter). but none the less i would like to thank the mystery man andrew for creating this board and this site.  i also need to thank everyone on the board for your posts.  i was studying alone for this test and it was nice to at least have some nameless, faceless friends to obsess with.  my confidence is not rattled.  i still beleive that i will be successful in law school, even if it is just a t4.  as for the test, i can say with certainty, i have worked my ass off, ive prepared the myself the best that i possibly can and i'm ready take it and move forward.
thanks again everyone for your insights thoughout this process.  i'm sure i'll see you all on the "accepted and deciding" soon  i wish you all the best of luck with the remainder of your studies this weekend.  oh, and on monday afternoon too.  give em hell.

nathanielmark

Re: props to the 'studying for the lsat' board
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 06:57:01 AM »
It is a great board.  and i feel the same way.  my goal was originally to reliably hit the 170s.  i have taken every modern available LSAT so it certainly was not for lack of effort.  still, i think i will do well on monday and wish you and everyone else here the best of luck.

this has been a new experience for me.  generally, if i am determined to achieve something and i work hard at it, i'll be successful.  unfortunately, that has not been the case with the lsat.  i have worked very hard at impoving my skills for this test, but it doesnt look like i will meet my goal of scoring in the 160's (yes, i know most of you are comfortably in the mid-high 160's).  this just hasnt been something that has come easily for me (or come at all, for that matter). but none the less i would like to thank the mystery man andrew for creating this board and this site.  i also need to thank everyone on the board for your posts.  i was studying alone for this test and it was nice to at least have some nameless, faceless friends to obsess with.  my confidence is not rattled.  i still beleive that i will be successful in law school, even if it is just a t4.  as for the test, i can say with certainty, i have worked my ass off, ive prepared the myself the best that i possibly can and i'm ready take it and move forward.
thanks again everyone for your insights thoughout this process.  i'm sure i'll see you all on the "accepted and deciding" soon  i wish you all the best of luck with the remainder of your studies this weekend.  oh, and on monday afternoon too.  give em hell.

shadowcreeper

• LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 07:10:10 AM »
Pross...

It is nice to see another person in the same boat as me. I know many people on this board are trying to break 170. I would be thrilled to hit 160. I come close, but never actually make it.

LSAT and working toward getting into law school was a really humbling expereince for me. Everything in my life came easy.. when I wanted something I never had to put much effort in to get it. However, this test was not something I was naturally good at.

I was so confused and down on myself for the longest time, then I realized that I have put in all that I physically can put into this and if all I can get is shy of 160, then that is al that I can do. I am going to have to be happy with what I get because I did the best I could. If I wind up in a T3, oh well... who knows maybe it will be somewhere that I will be happy, and if it is not I can always transfer out after I do well in my first year of law school. :)

Good luck to you all.

NYBound05

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 09:20:32 PM »
Good luck to you guys.

Out of curiosity, did either of you (Pross or Shadow) do a prep course?

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 06:12:04 AM »
pr.  awful.  i wouldnt recommend it.

shadowcreeper

• LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2004, 06:16:35 AM »
I did the PR also... waste of 1k... I could have spent that money on alot of other things. They taught me nothing that sitting down and studying on my own could not have taught me.

Maybe I just learn different or maybe I expected more out of the class, but when I pay 1k for something, I want to results, which I have not seen from taking that review class, and it is not for a lack of trying. I would not rec PR to anyone.