ED could possibly screw you over for money; you commit to going, no matter what the cost. I believe gtown has EA, so just do that instead. And apply early to everywhere else.
I got into Michigan and was waitlisted at Georgetown (although I applied there very late) with somewhat similar numbers (3.6/169). Check out my lsn account. I think you have a good chance at getting into at least one, if not both.
Quote from: theoneandonlyMC on June 26, 2005, 04:07:35 PMED could possibly screw you over for money; you commit to going, no matter what the cost. I believe gtown has EA, so just do that instead. And apply early to everywhere else. the money really isnt a concern to me.. i would have no problem taking out loans to attend a 'better' school.. i hear ED gives you a substantial edge over EA?
you're numbers put you in the part of the pool that's pretty competitive for both schools, i.e. a 50/50 chance. if you're truly committed to enrolling at either school at this point, i'd say apply ED/EA. true, you may not get much in the way of scholarship money, but if you're numbers are borderline anyway, and there's nothing else in your app that's going to make schools chase you, you wouldn't be in a good position for scholarship money in the first place. good luck!
I don't think that you should apply Binding early decision to anywhere unless you know you want to go there. What if you get in real early and then a better school wants you (you said you wanted to go to the better school), although I understand the competitive standpoint of doing it. Also, You may not think money is a big thing, but getting some is great, although you LSAT may not be in the realm for the significant merit awards in the schools that you are applying to, so maybe it does not make a difference.Anyways, good luck deciding how to apply
Page created in 0.3 seconds with 17 queries.