Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How often does Dell change their deals?  (Read 2252 times)

KatieManley01

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - katiemanley01@Hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
How often does Dell change their deals?
« on: June 26, 2005, 01:54:07 PM »
Dell has had the same deal on the latitude laptops for what seems like weeks.  Does anyone know how often they change?  I'm not sure if they change every x amount of weeks, but if anyone has noticed please let me know. 

Also, I remember reading a post in which someone mentioned that Dell offers great deals in the month of July... can anyone verify this?  I'm wondering if I should wait a few weeks to purchase my laptop. 
Attending Duke

cannotpick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How often does Dell change their deals?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 03:28:59 PM »
IDK. I need to buy my laptop soon. Are there still $750 coupons floating around online?
Note: Don't lecture me on research skills. I know that I could look this up. My parent's computer is just being sketchy & I don't want to try opening another browser window or it'll freeze.
'08 graduate of Brooklyn Law

...The Dude abides...

Tony Brooks1

• Sr. Citizen
  • none
    • View Profile
    • info
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 06:47:40 PM »
someone told me that good deals can be found for dells on slickdeals.com or net or something...

anyone know of anywhere else to get dell coupons?
"Que ve esta noviembre?"

ErinKG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 09:59:20 PM »
I prefer fatwallet.com (in the hot deals forum) over slickdeals.

texas1

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 04:57:05 PM »
I used couponmountain.com

gavinlarson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 03:30:27 PM »
All of those sites are great. Dell offers deals on Inspirons (the consumer line) a lot more than Latitudes (the business line). The big coupons usually show up around the end of the fiscal quarter. This quarter ends July 29th. The week before that, all of those sites like slickdeals will be full of coupon codes.

SuperMoni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 12:13:42 AM »
All of those sites are great. Dell offers deals on Inspirons (the consumer line) a lot more than Latitudes (the business line). The big coupons usually show up around the end of the fiscal quarter. This quarter ends July 29th. The week before that, all of those sites like slickdeals will be full of coupon codes.

Thanks for the tip.  The end of July will be right in time for school too.

Ragnar Danneskjold

• Sr. Citizen
  • Atlas Shrugged...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 12:32:50 AM »
Just an aside: I visited the DELL site through my schools website, and i was surprised to see the discounts that were offered were pretty substantial. So if you can try the student discount thing too, that may help you save even more.
I'm an NYC boy, 153/3.3

ATTENDING: Santa Clara w/$$$
Accepted: Marquette($), Villanova, Howard, Univ. San Francisco($) 
Out: Boston College, Temple, Michigan State Univ.
Wait List: Seattle Univ., Univ. Pittsburgh, Rutgers-Newark, Syracuse

tjking82

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 10:05:41 AM »
Just an aside: I visited the DELL site through my schools website, and i was surprised to see the discounts that were offered were pretty substantial. So if you can try the student discount thing too, that may help you save even more.

I have, as of yet, not seen a dell coupon that would pair with an academic discount.   :-\

KatieManley01

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - katiemanley01@Hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2005, 04:54:22 PM »
Thanks for all of the replies.  Duke offers dell latitudes at the computer store, but they aren't much cheaper than the online price.  So, purchasing with the $400 coupon for latitudes would be more cost effective.  Duke's computer store won't service inspirons, and only recommends we purchase latitudes.  That's enough for me to buy a latitude.  A $400 coupon is still great, but sometimes Dell runs great promotions on their website.  I was hoping I could find a coupon on par with the ones available for inspirons, or hold out of a better deal online.  Considering it takes 1-2 weeks to build the computer, I don't think I'm going to be able to wait until the end of July.  I think I'll keep checking online until mid July, then suck it up and buy the computer:)   
Attending Duke