Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: putting payment at 2 or more schools  (Read 887 times)

twinkle

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
putting payment at 2 or more schools
« on: June 11, 2004, 03:33:08 AM »
hi, guys:

hope everyone is doing well.  :)

quick question: is it okay to send in down payments to 2 (or more) schools, and then decide which one to actually attend later on?  i heard that for med schools, you are allowed to keep only 1 school at a given time after some date.  is this true for law school as well?

any feedback will be greatly appreciated!  time is ticking...

SirenSCF

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Re: putting payment at 2 or more schools
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 09:14:22 AM »
If you don't mind losing some money it's definetely ok and I think pretty common.  I put down two 1st deposits but dropped it down to one by the time 2nd deposits came around recently (although you could put down two 2nd deposits also i suppose)  It's just a matter of losing money because every school has different rules about how much they will give you back if you later withdrawl

By the way, what schools are you down to?

msher3yn

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 71
    • View Profile
Re: putting payment at 2 or more schools
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 10:50:28 AM »
I also had 2 first deposits down, and I think it would have been easier to keep two second ones down, but I realized that there are people on waitlists, and it's not fair to them, so I made a decision. If you REALLY can't make up your mind, then I don't think it is against any rules to put two down, but it is going to be expensive. What schools?

twinkle

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
Re: putting payment at 2 or more schools
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 11:44:42 AM »
thanks, guys...i really appreciate your feedback!

sorry, bu i rather not say which schools.  but, they're not so great.  i applied to them because i was bummed about not getting into a particular school in the bay area.  however, i'm still waiting for the one in socal to get back to me.  (still on the waitlist for that one.)

thanks again for your help.  :)

SirenSCF

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Re: putting payment at 2 or more schools
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 10:49:47 AM »
I had two deposits down for a while but then I realized there was no good reason to wait any longer to make a decision between the two (and to lose any more money stalling).  I mean once you have the financial package and have visited both if possible, than you should just help yourself out and make a decision between the two.  It's much less stressful to commit yourself and start planning for the one you chose, then to wait for divine intervention to drop out of the sky and make the decision for you. ... Although something about getting that final answer helps makes a decision also, even if its a negative on the last.  good luck, things will work out!