Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Are older Test Preps any good?  (Read 1055 times)

hoops

• View Profile
Are older Test Preps any good?
« on: June 11, 2004, 02:41:43 AM »
I just took LSAT Test Prep 13, and scored very well (for me), 159. Is this realistic for Monday's test, given the test prep is so old?

Dilettante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Are older Test Preps any good?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 03:04:00 AM »
Yes, they are good.  The difference in old and new test is largely imaginary in my opinion.  I don't claimed they haven't changed, but it is a minor difference.  I've been studying from very early (1-7), mid (20ish-33) and the latest (39, 40, and 41, 42 tomorrow and Saturday), I think they are all very similar, with LG having the most significant change over time (not much, but some).

That being said... why not try the later tests?  They're all available; you should get newer tests, all things being equal.

hoops

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 03:07:30 AM »
I'm outta time. If it were a few weeks away I'd order up a few new tests. Thanks for the info- how do you think the games are different?

nathanielmark

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 09:12:29 AM »
The games in the older tests are a great deal easier.  they will still help you get diagramming skills down but they are not the best way to see what you will experience on the real deal.

M2

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 10:12:14 AM »
I think the earlier tests are MUCH easier.
I have scored perfect game sections and gotten mid 170s scores...something i have never done with any test 1996 and older.

utaustin

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.36/164
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2004, 05:09:32 PM »
Like everyone is saying, they don't have much use as indicators. If you want practice, then use them, but don't get excited about the scores.

I think its a good idea to save 2-3 tests for indicator purposes.

Skittles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2004, 05:58:56 PM »
I don't know why so many people think the older games are easier.  I think they're all about the same.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2004, 06:02:19 PM »
i actually thought the later games were easier (latest ones i did were from like 30-37 or something like that)
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

MaroonOut2005

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attending: Notre Dame
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2004, 06:35:36 PM »
I just find that the older games don't exactly follow a concrete format.  The newer games can be easily placed into a catagory (grouping, linear, etc).  The older games, while maybe not as hard, do not fall into these groups as well as the newer games.

Thanks and Gig 'Em,
Jason