Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UF Spring Admissions - ANY DECISIONS YET?  (Read 3015 times)

annchris

• View Profile
UF Spring Admissions - ANY DECISIONS YET?
« on: June 11, 2004, 12:35:04 AM »
If you have applied to UF for Spring admissions, I am curious to know if/when you received your decision or what the status of your app is!

I applied mid-march and they are apparently making a decision this week on my file, or so they say.  Of course who knows how long they will take to mail it out!  ::)

If anyone has gotten any info on UF Spring admissions, please post!

ruskiegirl

Re: UF Spring Admissions - ANY DECISIONS YET?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 12:41:10 AM »
All I know about spring admissions at UF is that it is much less competitive than the fall cycle.  The mean LSAT's and GPA's for the spring class are a few points lower than for the fall.  This gives a great opportunity for applicants who may otherwise see UF as a "reach" school.

melisssasue

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - alemanmelissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 05:48:55 PM »
I was thinking of doing spring admissions and was told by an admissions officer that spring spots are harder to get because they have fewer spots available.  So I would think gpa and lsat would need to be as strong if not stronger, considering there may only be like 50 spots and a couple hundred applications. 

ruskiegirl

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 05:52:19 PM »
I was thinking of doing spring admissions and was told by an admissions officer that spring spots are harder to get because they have fewer spots available.  So I would think gpa and lsat would need to be as strong if not stronger, considering there may only be like 50 spots and a couple hundred applications. 

There is also a lot less people applying for spring admissions.  That, and many of the applicants to the spring class are actually those who were denied admission to the fall class. 

annchris

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 01:10:09 AM »

Actually Melissa, Ruskie is right.  It is easier to get admitted to Spring.  Fyi - they do take 200 students for spring just as they do for fall, so I'm not sure where you're getting your info but that's not what UF admissions says.  The lsat/gpa scores are always lower for the spring class at UF, although maybe your information is true for other schools.

Is there anyone who has received an acceptance yet for Spring?  I'm wondering if it came in a thick or thin envelope?

ruskiegirl

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2004, 02:01:30 AM »

Actually Melissa, Ruskie is right.  It is easier to get admitted to Spring.  Fyi - they do take 200 students for spring just as they do for fall, so I'm not sure where you're getting your info but that's not what UF admissions says.  The lsat/gpa scores are always lower for the spring class at UF, although maybe your information is true for other schools.

Is there anyone who has received an acceptance yet for Spring?  I'm wondering if it came in a thick or thin envelope?
UF waitlisted me and offered me guaranteed admission to the spring class.  It was a pretty thick envelope.

miami9751

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2004, 01:29:35 PM »
Anyone get a letter in the mail about computer requirements? And has anyone received a decision letter yet?

miami9751

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2004, 03:39:46 PM »
?

annchris

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2004, 08:24:09 PM »
Yeah, I got the laptop requirement letter - I think everyone did, whether you were admitted or not.  I just called today and the person who answered said that all decisions will be mailed by the end of the week.

I'm curious too as to whether or not anyone has already received a decision, positive or negative, for spring. (That applied originally for spring and not for Fall)

annchris

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2004, 08:23:52 PM »
Well nothin in today's mail.   ???  Anyone??