Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

How do/did the girls at your school dress?

They looked a hot mess!
 1 (11.1%)
There were some hits and MANY misses
 3 (33.3%)
The fashionability was about average
 4 (44.4%)
They copied what they saw in mags, nothing creative or impressive!
 0 (0%)
They were hot -- always wearing the latest styles!
 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: The all about CLOTHES thread  (Read 18345 times)

Fabyahluss

Re: The all about CLOTHES thread
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2005, 02:38:17 PM »
What's your favorite brand of clothes?  

Depends on the occasion. For my conservative attire, I love Bana Republic and INC's clothes. For something sexier I like Bebe, Express, Arden B, Rampage...

Fave jeans?

My fav jeans of all-time are my Gap Long & Leans and my Bebe jeans.

Undies?

For full-coverage panties, I like Victoria Secrets. I personally don't care for their thongs, so for thongs, I prefer Le Mystere's line.

Who has the BEST sales and when?

Banana Republic and all the time.

faith2005

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2005, 02:42:57 PM »
hahaha blk, see thats what i've been trying to tell myself. now that i'm a certain age i should have a certain standard. but i really wish i could wear my hoodie to everyday in the winter. and i also wore boots (timbs and timb-like boots). when i found those afro-centric t-shirts it was all over for me, i wear them all the time with jeans and flip-flops :D i am trying to raise my standard for law school and take it to another level, but its just not working!  :D

well..it depends on the person...

personally i think that when you get a certain age..or you enter professional school you should have a certain standard that you hold yourself to you know? i think i used fridays for my dress down days.. i didn't wear dresses to class but i had nice blouses and slacks on most days... during the winter.. nice sweater/jeans boots.... were kind of my standard

didn't wear the sweats/warm up pants and t-shirts on a regular..but there are definitely people in law school that do..

hey so what are we supposed to wear to class?

i wore sweats/shorts and flipflops to class in UG (ahhh, Texas- how I love thine sorching heat!!) but i've heard that that sort of "wardrobe" does not fly in LS.  so what am i supposed to wear?  suits?  slacks?  skirts?   ???

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2005, 02:44:37 PM »
hahaha blk, see thats what i've been trying to tell myself. now that i'm a certain age i should have a certain standard. but i really wish i could wear my hoodie to everyday in the winter. and i also wore boots (timbs and timb-like boots). when i found those afro-centric t-shirts it was all over for me, i wear them all the time with jeans and flip-flops :D i am trying to raise my standard for law school and take it to another level, but its just not working!  :D

well..it depends on the person...

personally i think that when you get a certain age..or you enter professional school you should have a certain standard that you hold yourself to you know? i think i used fridays for my dress down days.. i didn't wear dresses to class but i had nice blouses and slacks on most days... during the winter.. nice sweater/jeans boots.... were kind of my standard

didn't wear the sweats/warm up pants and t-shirts on a regular..but there are definitely people in law school that do..

hey so what are we supposed to wear to class?

i wore sweats/shorts and flipflops to class in UG (ahhh, Texas- how I love thine sorching heat!!) but i've heard that that sort of "wardrobe" does not fly in LS.  so what am i supposed to wear?  suits?  slacks?  skirts?   ???

faith, just be natural.  :)  you can also contribute to E's new wardrobe fund.

seu2002

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2005, 02:46:52 PM »
interesting input, blk, EP, and ruskie-  thanks

i think im heading out to the outlets this weekend.  im trying not to buy too much clothes before i go, but i cant help  it.  i love shopping!  i work at this office and i have plenty of professional clothes so right now my focus is in obtaining the skankware.  lol. 

i'll prob just go down to the banana and look for a few nice shirts and slacks.  i'll save the rest of the shopping for NJ when i can at least figure out how ppl dress over there.  the clothes i wore when i went to DC last week made me stand out.  i was wearing clothes i wear in Texas, but i still felt like my clothes is not very common over there.  hmm...

so now my huge dilemma is the winter clothes.  esp the shoes.  i want some nice winter boots, but i dont know what kind to get.  i heard no heels, thick and warm, and better if a long boot.  any other suggestions (ie, pics), pps? 

Roxie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Who wants a clean house!?!?!?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2005, 02:49:30 PM »
I need to learn to keep the boobies/cleavage at a minimum.  That is my main problem....but the girls like to get some air/sun.  I did invest in some safety pins last year...that helped.

Ya'll are scaring me about the HBCU dress code!  In undergrad, everybody would come to class in pajamas and those funky Adidas flip-flops (I couldn't do that - my mother and sister would cuss me OUT!!  They are in full costume with hair and make-up to go to the mailbox!).  Grad school was pretty much business casual.  I will just wear what I have been wearing to work to class - suits for special occasions.

What about eyeshadow?  I am addicted to my MAC shadows....can't really wear that in Court, huh?? :-\
Think before you speak.

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2005, 02:54:16 PM »

What about eyeshadow?  I am addicted to my MAC shadows....can't really wear that in Court, huh?? :-\

I love MAC as well!  I wouldn't rock the "MAC counter girl" look to school or to court, but I do wear the pastels and neutral tones (think Pink Venus, Vellum, Charcoal Brown) to work.  You can make MAC work with your office look, just don't go overboard with color.
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2005, 03:01:13 PM »
faith seriously..i didn't dress like most people..it's just me.. the style i chose..

people would laugh when they'd see me on the weekends because i'd dress down a lot more than during the week...

that's one of the reasons that some people thought i was ultra conservative ::)..

until i opened my mouth ;).. i remember one of my classmates was surprised that i listened to mos def...

i was thinking..damn do i really come off as not down to earth?

she replied.. "it's the clothes"

whatever man :D

i have some leather timbs that i rock too with my tshirts and jeans..just didn't wear them to class often
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

faith2005

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2005, 03:10:46 PM »
maybe its the east coast that is more grungy? i discovered when i got to school in ct. that i was the only person on my floor that had brought an iron. everybody else just took their khakis off the hanger sort of shook em out and put them on. and one guy from the midwest came to my room one time b/c he heard i was the only person who had spray starch.  :D i understand blk...your mom must be proud  :)

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2005, 03:24:27 PM »
spray starch :o..  :D midwester ;).. i have to admit though.. i didn't iron my (dress down) khakis that often either..and i never ironed my jeans
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2005, 03:28:16 PM »
spray starch :o..  :D midwester ;).. i have to admit though.. i didn't iron my (dress down) khakis that often either..and i never ironed my jeans

People iron their jeans? :o
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.