Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

How do/did the girls at your school dress?

They looked a hot mess!
 1 (11.1%)
There were some hits and MANY misses
 3 (33.3%)
The fashionability was about average
 4 (44.4%)
They copied what they saw in mags, nothing creative or impressive!
 0 (0%)
They were hot -- always wearing the latest styles!
 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: The all about CLOTHES thread  (Read 18361 times)

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
Re: The all about CLOTHES thread
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2005, 12:54:45 PM »
exactly.  preach that on the rooftops!   E NEEDS A NEW WARDROBE---NO JUSTICE; NO PEACE!  :D

LOL!  :D sorry, right, e needs a new wardrobe for yale. you know New Haven is only for the grown and sexy!  :D

e--sorry to burst your bubble. i wore jeans and sweaters to class and if it was in the morning, i might roll in sweats. and if i wore black pants, people said "faith, you're dressed up!"  :D

y'all are some bougie-ass kids...share the wealth!  who wants to buy E a new wardrobe for law school?

You don't need a law school wardrobe, now if you were going to a HBCU, I might have a different opinion, because at HBCUs folks go to class like a fashion show.  You might need to get a sugardaddy to front that wardrobe...if you find one let me know..I got some bills he can take care of for me....

come now, where is the love/solidarity?  you don't want me showing up in the Ivy League looking like a hot mess.  sacrifice a pair of shoes to buy E some nice clothes.

faith, quit playa hating.   >:(

Roxie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Who wants a clean house!?!?!?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2005, 12:58:39 PM »
Faith - I WISH I could find some pants that are too long.  Roxie is in the tall girls club (5'8).

E - Let's start a wardrobe uprising.  I will start an internet petition right now!  I saw several things in Ann Taylor that need to make my closet their new home.

Think before you speak.

elegantpearl01

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2005, 01:00:28 PM »
You all will learn how to "flip" that financial aid to go shopping..lol..also saving your money in the summer helps.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2005, 01:35:15 PM »
man..Ann Taylor..that's my spot

Banana Republic
Nordstrom
Boston Proper
White & Black

---

i don't really have one set store that I go to for my laid back days though..i have a couple of pair of Gap jeans..and i tend to cut labels out of my regular gear so i can't even tell you if i tried  :D...

saving money in the summer definitely helps in terms of shopping.. it's always good to live somewhere where there's an outlet mall within an hour of distance  ;).. i only shop three times a yr (in bulk unless i see something that i "must have")
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

faith2005

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2005, 01:47:00 PM »
3 times a year? wow. i don't know how often i shop, but I don't ever shop in bulk. i'll buy a pair of pants here, a shirt there. i like banana and nordstroms. ann taylor makes me feel like i'm a stepford wife or something  :D but their stuff is nice. my goal this past year was to change my wardrobe and try to look older. i don't know if it has worked though. i have tried to look at more stuff in banana for that purpose. i like white & black too. the clothes are so nice, but i haven't ever gotten up the courage to buy anything. it all seems too expensive for me.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2005, 02:04:55 PM »
sales girl.. it's all about the sales :D... trust me.. i always get my expensive suits for half of what they're originally sold for.. i refuse to spend an arm and a leg on clothes.. you don't keep money that way

the trick is buying something from ann taylor or some of the other stores mentioned ..and jazzing it up with something more casual.. u won't look like a stepford wife that way
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

seu2002

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2005, 02:09:27 PM »
hey so what are we supposed to wear to class?

i wore sweats/shorts and flipflops to class in UG (ahhh, Texas- how I love thine sorching heat!!) but i've heard that that sort of "wardrobe" does not fly in LS.  so what am i supposed to wear?  suits?  slacks?  skirts?   ???

elegantpearl01

« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2005, 02:23:03 PM »
People do not wear suits/dress clothes to class in law school. Folks will ask you if you are heading to an interview if you show up like that. Typically, I think people dressed the same way in undergrad as they did in law school.

I'm with Reign, it's all about the sales. Sales and outlet shopping that's the key. I never buy anything unless it is on sale unless I am sure I will be unable to find it on sale. I had a lot of suits before I went to law school, because I worked at the Legislature. And just the nature of attending a HBCU, folks had a lot of professional attire. I got a couple things from Ann Taylor at bargain basement prices.  So look for sales. 

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2005, 02:26:26 PM »
well..it depends on the person...

personally i think that when you get a certain age..or you enter professional school you should have a certain standard that you hold yourself to you know? i think i used fridays for my dress down days.. i didn't wear dresses to class but i had nice blouses and slacks on most days... during the winter.. nice sweater/jeans boots.... were kind of my standard

didn't wear the sweats/warm up pants and t-shirts on a regular..but there are definitely people in law school that do..

i wore sweats/shorts and flipflops to class in UG (ahhh, Texas- how I love thine sorching heat!!) but i've heard that that sort of "wardrobe" does not fly in LS.  so what am i supposed to wear?  suits?  slacks?  skirts?   ???

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2005, 02:32:43 PM »

I don't know how it is anywhere else, but at Berkeley most people just wear jeans, tshirts and flip flops.  People rarely get dressed up.  I don't really do the super casual look, so I wear cute tops, nice jeans and a pair of casual heels, but I am more dressed up than 90% of the students.
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.