Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

How do/did the girls at your school dress?

They looked a hot mess!
 1 (11.1%)
There were some hits and MANY misses
 3 (33.3%)
The fashionability was about average
 4 (44.4%)
They copied what they saw in mags, nothing creative or impressive!
 0 (0%)
They were hot -- always wearing the latest styles!
 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: The all about CLOTHES thread  (Read 18608 times)

Roxie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Who wants a clean house!?!?!?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The all about CLOTHES thread
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2005, 09:56:03 AM »
I was just kidding about the Forever 21 thing.  That is cute weekend club/cookout gear, but definitely not anything to wear to the office.  Plus, you have to be careful shopping there, cuz you will DEFINITELY run into somebody with your same outfit on in the club.  They have cute earrings though - the same stuff you find in Arden B for 1/2 the price! 

Clothes are my weakness, so I don't mind spending $$ on nice things.  How can ya'll still afford to be shop while in school?? ???

uote author=White Russian link=topic=36555.msg608097#msg608097 date=1119840993]
What's your favorite brand of clothes?  Anything from Rave

Fave jeans? Target brand (Mossimo)

Undies? Joe Boxer from Kmart; Walmart clearance rack

Who has the BEST sales and when? Shop only at the cheap stores and there's a sale all the time!

What kind of suits are you getting? I'll throw together some separates from Rainbow or Forever 21.....
I ain't got no damn money..... :-\

I LOVE Target.  They are like Wal Mart, but have cuter things.  I especially like the stationary and office supplies department!

If you want some reasonably priced suits, you can probably pick up a few at Burlington Coat factory for no more than you would pay for separates at F21.
Think before you speak.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2005, 11:17:53 AM »
Roxie,

God knows that i was hoping that you were joking :D.. i was just going to sit back for a second to see if you were going to confess that it was a joke..

when you said forever 21 i almost hit the floor..

when you said rainbow and rave for business attire.. i just about died :D :D :D
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2005, 11:46:03 AM »
How can ya'll still afford to be shop while in school?? ???

Every girl should have a sponsor. ;)
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

faith2005

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2005, 12:16:40 PM »
e--sorry to burst your bubble. i wore jeans and sweaters to class and if it was in the morning, i might roll in sweats. and if i wore black pants, people said "faith, you're dressed up!"  :D

y'all are some bougie-ass kids...share the wealth!  who wants to buy E a new wardrobe for law school?

You don't need a law school wardrobe, now if you were going to a HBCU, I might have a different opinion, because at HBCUs folks go to class like a fashion show.  You might need to get a sugardaddy to front that wardrobe...if you find one let me know..I got some bills he can take care of for me....

come now, where is the love/solidarity?  you don't want me showing up in the Ivy League looking like a hot mess.  sacrifice a pair of shoes to buy E some nice clothes.

faith2005

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2005, 12:23:38 PM »
LOL! I was thinking the same thing. I was like, wow, roxie getting business clothes from forever 21? that doesn't sound right!  :D

Roxie,

God knows that i was hoping that you were joking :D.. i was just going to sit back for a second to see if you were going to confess that it was a joke..

when you said forever 21 i almost hit the floor..

when you said rainbow and rave for business attire.. i just about died :D :D :D

Roxie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2005, 12:26:58 PM »
Don't ya'll know by now to NEVER take Roxie seriously. Fun times for all!!!!!! :D :D :D

Think before you speak.

Roxie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2005, 12:35:23 PM »
Sponsor as in Sugar Daddy?  Sponsor as in boyfriend with money? or Sponsor as in a person that has a real interest in helping you?

I have never actually been able to find a real sponsor. I need one!

Maybe I should ask my Firm if they have a scholarship fund.  (I just turned in my notice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Should I ask for a charitable donation so I can buy some suits from LVL X???

http://www.lvlx.com/

How can ya'll still afford to be shop while in school?? ???

Every girl should have a sponsor. ;)
Think before you speak.

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2005, 12:40:22 PM »
e--sorry to burst your bubble. i wore jeans and sweaters to class and if it was in the morning, i might roll in sweats. and if i wore black pants, people said "faith, you're dressed up!"  :D

y'all are some bougie-ass kids...share the wealth!  who wants to buy E a new wardrobe for law school?

You don't need a law school wardrobe, now if you were going to a HBCU, I might have a different opinion, because at HBCUs folks go to class like a fashion show.  You might need to get a sugardaddy to front that wardrobe...if you find one let me know..I got some bills he can take care of for me....

come now, where is the love/solidarity?  you don't want me showing up in the Ivy League looking like a hot mess.  sacrifice a pair of shoes to buy E some nice clothes.

faith, quit playa hating.   >:(

faith2005

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2005, 12:46:15 PM »
i like lvl X okay.

favorite brand of clothes--i don't know if i have one brand. i like express and the limited though.

jeans--express and babyphat

undies--victoria's secret. i got caught up at their semi-annual sale this past week.

best sales--vikki's semi-annual sale, express and gap have good sales too.

suits--i have problems finding suits. i bought some suit pants yesterday and they're too long and falling off cause i didn't want them tight. i need help with this! i bought a suit from express once that fit really well. i also have tried on some suits in stores like filene's basement from anne klein, ck, and tahari. i can't afford them right now though. maybe once i get a job after 1l?

What's your favorite brand of clothes? 

Fave jeans?

Undies?

Who has the BEST sales and when?

What kind of suits are you getting?

faith2005

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2005, 12:47:59 PM »
LOL!  :D sorry, right, e needs a new wardrobe for yale. you know New Haven is only for the grown and sexy!  :D

faith, quit playa hating.   >:(