Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

How do/did the girls at your school dress?

They looked a hot mess!
 1 (11.1%)
There were some hits and MANY misses
 3 (33.3%)
The fashionability was about average
 4 (44.4%)
They copied what they saw in mags, nothing creative or impressive!
 0 (0%)
They were hot -- always wearing the latest styles!
 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: The all about CLOTHES thread  (Read 18478 times)

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: The all about CLOTHES thread
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2005, 11:42:22 PM »
$200 for some jeans? :o

I own only one pair of jeans that I hardly ever wear.  My gf paid $200 for some last week (citizens for humanity, I think).  I was flabbergasted.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2005, 11:49:41 PM »

I own only one pair of jeans that I hardly ever wear.  My gf paid $200 for some last week (citizens for humanity, I think).  I was flabbergasted.

For some people who have unconventional body shapes, expensive designer jeans are the only way to go.  I, for one, do not fit the mold of the traditional size 1, because I have small hips and a relatively large butt for my size.  Therefore, I can't wear Express, bebe, or any other kind of "mall" jeans.  I tried on BabyPhat and they fit nicely in the butt (a victory!), but they had this fold in the front, as if they made extra room there for a fat roll or something.  Odd. :-\
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

ellenbee

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2005, 11:53:14 PM »
ruskie=thread whore

Cat fight....
http://www.whiteandblack.com/
http://www.us.redoute.com/laredoute/layout/layout.asp?referer=1&http://www.anntaylor.com/

the most I've spent on a pair of jeans was 150..and I still wear them after three years.

I like Redoute. Cute stuff, very affordable.

"Law school is like groundhog day. Every day is the same, you see the same people in the same places doing the same stuff every damn day. You get no feedback and basically pay 40K a year to teach yourself law and get harassed by professors. What a racket." - RonSantoRules

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2005, 12:00:46 AM »

That's what I said.  She said they'll last a long time, so they're an investment  ::).

I will admit, though...they do look good on her ;).

social drinker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2005, 12:03:32 AM »
Lucky Jeans all the way.

(i really did wear them before they were "cool" though)

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2005, 12:15:26 AM »
interesting..i don't have the "conventional" body type either..but i wouldn't be caught spending $200 on a pair of jeans... that's blasphemous :D...

For some people who have unconventional body shapes, expensive designer jeans are the only way to go.  I, for one, do not fit the mold of the traditional size 1, because I have small hips and a relatively large butt for my size.  Therefore, I can't wear Express, bebe, or any other kind of "mall" jeans.  I tried on BabyPhat and they fit nicely in the butt (a victory!), but they had this fold in the front, as if they made extra room there for a fat roll or something.  Odd. :-\
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2005, 12:23:34 AM »
Trust me, I would much rather spend a lot of money on shoes than jeans.  As soon as I can find a reasonably priced brand that fits me, you better believe I will be all about it!

interesting..i don't have the "conventional" body type either..but i wouldn't be caught spending $200 on a pair of jeans... that's blasphemous :D...

Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

elegantpearl01

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2005, 09:33:51 AM »
Not feeling 200 bucks for jeans....I have a good seamstress (if you can find a good seamstress/tailor you are in the money) and if I need alterations, she can do it.  But I'd spend 500 on shoes easy.....but I prefer to shop on sale. I don't want to drop my car note on a pair of shoes.

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2005, 01:17:59 PM »
y'all are some bougie-ass kids...share the wealth!  who wants to buy E a new wardrobe for law school?

elegantpearl01

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2005, 01:23:25 PM »
y'all are some bougie-ass kids...share the wealth!  who wants to buy E a new wardrobe for law school?

You don't need a law school wardrobe, now if you were going to a HBCU, I might have a different opinion, because at HBCUs folks go to class like a fashion show.  You might need to get a sugardaddy to front that wardrobe...if you find one let me know..I got some bills he can take care of for me....