Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LAKERS !!  (Read 5312 times)

Lavia

Re: LAKERS !!
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2004, 11:25:01 AM »
I started reading this thread, and it was like reading Greek! I didn't understand a word of it in the beginning. What's this +1 KL ML stuff?

I'm kidding, in that you don't have to explain it to me. Ya'll are too funny. Must be a sports lover thing. I'll never understand.  :D

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2004, 11:25:22 AM »
Oh, no doubt Jordan was a cocky bastard, that's why I said it's something I see, that I can't explain, that is different from the Kobe's and Malones, probably the opposite of what you see. But I respect your opinion of Shaq, I just don't agree, he doesn't impress me that way he does others, is that to say I think he's a lousy player, no, I'm just not impressed.

idiotsavant

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2004, 11:37:19 AM »
shaq is absolutely the most dominant force in basketball right now.  if a good team is backing him, there is NO STOPPING him.  the only other center that has the potential of keeping up with him is yao...and give darko a couple of years to bulk up and he might be a true force himself.

personally, i agree that jordan was one cocky sob.  but sometimes you have to be cocky to play good ball.  and being cocky doesnt make you a bad player if youre a good player...and i think kobe needs a bit more of that. 

kobe needs to move on to a different supporting cast without all the baggage and the spotlight hogs.  he needs to shine on his own.  maybe not to the extent that tmac has with the magic...thats the other extreme.  but he needs to get out of la.

maybe move to colorado...o wait...he might be moving there anyway...

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2004, 12:07:03 PM »

maybe move to colorado...o wait...he might be moving there anyway...

lol. you ain't right!

dta

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2004, 12:35:11 PM »
I hate shaq - or rather, not shaq so much as the way the referees treat him. Typical scenario:

Shaq is dribbling w/ his back to the defender slowly pushing his way to the basket. Defender is slowly getting pushed back. Shaq stops dribbling and prepares to turn around and put the ball in the hoop. Defender stands upright with arms raised straight up. Shaq, while turning around and attempting to put the ball in the hoop, just creams over the defender putting his elbows into his face and just generally plowing into the defender's motionless, stationary body. Defender gets called for fouling shaq.

OK. Fine. So don't call a foul on shaq in this situation. No fouls - fine; that's tough b-ball. But to call a foul on the defender??!!

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2004, 01:12:20 PM »
I hate shaq - or rather, not shaq so much as the way the referees treat him. Typical scenario:

Shaq is dribbling w/ his back to the defender slowly pushing his way to the basket. Defender is slowly getting pushed back. Shaq stops dribbling and prepares to turn around and put the ball in the hoop. Defender stands upright with arms raised straight up. Shaq, while turning around and attempting to put the ball in the hoop, just creams over the defender putting his elbows into his face and just generally plowing into the defender's motionless, stationary body. Defender gets called for fouling shaq.

OK. Fine. So don't call a foul on shaq in this situation. No fouls - fine; that's tough b-ball. But to call a foul on the defender??!!

i saw this on 2 occasions last night.  the refs should definitely not call a foul on the defender...just not right. 

if anything they should call a foul on shaq for holding the defender down. 
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

thechoson

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2004, 01:29:34 PM »
I got one thing to say.  Ben Wallace is a MAN.  A f-ing MAN.  A MAN's MAN.  I MEAN *&^%.

The only performance I remember like that, where a guy just can't be kept off the boards, was Dennis Rodman in Game 6 of 1996 (another clincher). 

Wallace is like Rodman

slick

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2004, 01:36:34 PM »
I got one thing to say.  Ben Wallace is a MAN.  A ------- MAN.  A MAN's MAN.  I MEAN *&^%.

The only performance I remember like that, where a guy just can't be kept off the boards, was Dennis Rodman in Game 6 of 1996 (another clincher). 

Wallace is like Rodman

Wallace is better than Rodman because he does what Rodman did (play defense, rebound) without being annoying.  Ben Wallace is a very likable guy.  Dennis Rodman...well, there's a reason they called him "the worm".
"If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off of my face"

thechoson

« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2004, 01:54:34 PM »
I got one thing to say.  Ben Wallace is a MAN.  A ------- MAN.  A MAN's MAN.  I MEAN *&^%.

Wallace is like Rodman

Wallace is better than Rodman because he does what Rodman did (play defense, rebound) without being annoying.  Ben Wallace is a very likable guy.  Dennis Rodman...well, there's a reason they called him "the worm".

No, conversely, Rodman was more versatile. He could get out and guard guys like Jordan, and also guard guys like Shaq.  Rodman was also a bit quicker to the boards, and he was slightly better at trapping and rotating.