Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LAKERS !!  (Read 5220 times)

Ginatio

Re: LAKERS !!
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2004, 11:52:07 PM »
ha. gary payton , too.

Another note of difference between Kobe and Jordan:

Jordan was THE leader of the Bulls. If someone didn't perform, he would chew them out in front of a crowd of thirty thousand. If he thought he was hot, he would command the ball. He didn't care what the coaches or teammates thought, he was getting the ball.

In this finals series, Kobe couldn't command the ball... or wouldn't. He has no leadership qualities at all.

DETROIT WINS

DETROIT WINS

HAHA Karl Malone, you got your ass kicked yet again

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2004, 12:12:22 AM »
motor city rocks.

ben wallace is simply AWESOME.  a monster on the boards, as well as developing a touch for the shot...give him some time to develop his ball handling skills and youve got the next jordan.

ok...a bit far fetched...

in any case...ben wallace has been my favorite player since last season...and the game tonight has proved that he deserves respect.  he may suck on my fantasy team, but hes fun as hell to watch.
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2004, 09:37:32 AM »
Not only that, Jordan would have NEVER given up in that game last night. The bulls have been down 20+ in the fourth quarter and have come back to win, and Jordan would have played to the very last second of that game, even risking injury, especially in a championship game, the bulls would have to be up like 30 with 2 min to play before he would come out. The whole entire Lakers team sucks excluding Phil Jackson.

slick

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2004, 09:47:53 AM »
Not only that, Jordan would have NEVER given up in that game last night. The bulls have been down 20+ in the fourth quarter and have come back to win, and Jordan would have played to the very last second of that game, even risking injury, especially in a championship game, the bulls would have to be up like 30 with 2 min to play before he would come out. The whole entire Lakers team sucks excluding Phil Jackson.

You can't really say that Shaq sucks.  He was the only bright spot for the Lakers over the last few games.  Everyone else on the team looked like they couldn't care less if they lost the championship.  But Shaq was out there playing hard every night.  Kobe is a different case altogether.  And Phil Jackson got exposed.  I'll give him credit for being a decent coach, but I think this year was his greatest coaching challenge and he failed at it.  Larry Brown should have been the MVP for the Pistons because he coached the pants off of Phil Jackson.  Phil Jackson is not the coaching guru that everyone makes him out to be.  He has benefitted from having great players on his teams and that is why he has won 8 championships.
"If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off of my face"

grahamers

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2004, 09:56:01 AM »
The whole entire Lakers team sucks excluding Phil Jackson.

Man, you get yourself worked up into a lather and you start spouting stuff that just doesn't make sense.  (Just like Rush Limbaugh)  ANY team would love to have Kobe or Shaq on their squad.  Imagine a team with Shaq and Jordan.  HOLY *&^%!
34 years old    170 LSAT 2.33 UGPA
Accepted: Wake, Mason, Catholic, Maryland, Baltimore, WVU, Widener
Waitlisted: American
Dinged: GW, Georgetown
Still haven't heard from: Villanova
Attending Mryland

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2004, 09:58:16 AM »

You can't really say that Shaq sucks.  He was the only bright spot for the Lakers over the last few games.  Everyone else on the team looked like they couldn't care less if they lost the championship.  But Shaq was out there playing hard every night.  Kobe is a different case altogether.  And Phil Jackson got exposed.  I'll give him credit for being a decent coach, but I think this year was his greatest coaching challenge and he failed at it.  Larry Brown should have been the MVP for the Pistons because he coached the pants off of Phil Jackson.  Phil Jackson is not the coaching guru that everyone makes him out to be.  He has benefitted from having great players on his teams and that is why he has won 8 championships.

I'll agree with you that Shaq played harder than the rest of the team but I personally think he's overrated. So yes I can say Shaq sucks because I think he does. Along with the rest of the team, especially Karl Malone--I loved the fact that he thought it would be smooth sailing and he could just pick up a ring with the Lakers, not so. And yes, Phil Jackson was out coached, this year. But, other coaches have had great players on their teams as well and have lost champions b/c they couldn't get it all together (plus I have a soft spot in my heart for coach Jackson, we have the same b-day  ;))

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2004, 10:04:39 AM »
The whole entire Lakers team sucks excluding Phil Jackson.

Man, you get yourself worked up into a lather and you start spouting stuff that just doesn't make sense.  (Just like Rush Limbaugh)  ANY team would love to have Kobe or Shaq on their squad.  Imagine a team with Shaq and Jordan.  HOLY *&^%!

Oh, good lord grahamers please don't compare me to Limbaugh, I'm about fall outta my chair. That's worse than being called a hoe. Maybe I should clarify, I didn't say they were bad  players, I said they suck. Overall, IMO I think the personalities on that team sucked. And it showed in this game, I was embarassed for them by the 4th quarter.

grahamers

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2004, 10:09:14 AM »
Oh, good lord grahamers please don't compare me to Limbaugh, I'm about fall outta my chair. That's worse than being called a hoe.

You are right... I shouldn't have done that.  I'm sorry.

Maybe I should clarify, I didn't say they were bad  players, I said they suck.

I guess that I don't know the difference.  When someone says something like, "Eddie the Eagle sucks," in  thread discussing ski jumping, I take that to mean that Eddie the Eagle is a bad ski jumper.  Perhaps "sucks" in a sport context can mean "is a lousy person" but among all of my friends and cowrokers it means "is bad at the skill being discussed."  EG:  DC United sucks.

Sorry for the RL thing again!  ;-)
34 years old    170 LSAT 2.33 UGPA
Accepted: Wake, Mason, Catholic, Maryland, Baltimore, WVU, Widener
Waitlisted: American
Dinged: GW, Georgetown
Still haven't heard from: Villanova
Attending Mryland

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2004, 10:19:37 AM »
Ok, I see what you mean. And I tend to be a person who roots for the underdogs (except in the case of the bulls) and the Lakers just had an air about them smelling of superiority. That's part of the reason they looked so pathetic by the end of the game. Personality has a lot to do with it. Look at Rasheed Wallace, after he calmed down some he is getting more respect. And I don't see much "personality" with the Lakers, just cockiness that I don't find real appealing. Sure, when the bulls had their dynasty, they knew they were the *&^%, much I didn't see that air of superiority (except some from Rodman during the 2nd coming) but def not from Jordan and he had to know he was the *&^%, yes, as Chosen described, he was nasty on the court, but he didn't have that "supreme" aura about him.....can't really explain it, it's something I see.

And I accept your apology  ;)

slick

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2004, 10:49:31 AM »
Ok, I see what you mean. And I tend to be a person who roots for the underdogs (except in the case of the bulls) and the Lakers just had an air about them smelling of superiority. That's part of the reason they looked so pathetic by the end of the game. Personality has a lot to do with it. Look at Rasheed Wallace, after he calmed down some he is getting more respect. And I don't see much "personality" with the Lakers, just cockiness that I don't find real appealing. Sure, when the bulls had their dynasty, they knew they were the *&^%, much I didn't see that air of superiority (except some from Rodman during the 2nd coming) but def not from Jordan and he had to know he was the *&^%, yes, as Chosen described, he was nasty on the court, but he didn't have that "supreme" aura about him.....can't really explain it, it's something I see.

And I accept your apology  ;)

I'll agree that the Lakers (and most everyone else) thought that there was no way they could lose this series.  And it showed in the Lakers attitudes.  I am a big fan of Shaq and I don't think that he comes off as a cocky person even though he is one of the most dominating players in the game.  However, Kobe, Malone, and GP are all cocky bastards and they all took a serious beating to their egos in this series.  It was embarrassing by the end of game 5 that this team was considered so dominant at one time.  As for the Bulls, they didn't have that "supreme" aura because nobody on that team except for Jordan had anything to be cocky about.  They knew that the only reason they were so good was because of Jordan.  Now, Jordan on the other hand WAS a cocky bastard.  You may not have seen it because you were a fan, but I was not a fan of MJ because I thought he was too cocky for his own good.  I appreciated and respected his game, but I was not a fan because to me, he knew he was the *&^% and he acted like it.  Even when he came back to play for the Wizards you could see it.
"If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off of my face"