Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LAKERS !!  (Read 5326 times)

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
Re: LAKERS !!
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2004, 12:31:23 PM »
HA HA HA HA

The Dynasty is OVER

The Lakers are DONE

The EAST IS BACK

DETROIT ROCK CITY

And best of all,

Kobe is NOT JORDAN.  Cause Jordan NEVER tanked in a finals game.

This is very true.  That's why all those sportscasters out there need to be quiet when saying he's the next Jordan.  Only Jordan is Jordan. I might be mistaken, but I don't ever remember Jordan scoring LESS than 20 points in a finals series game.  He's clutch.  Not taking away from Kobe's talent, but put the comparisons away.

Detroit is going to win this series, its inevitable.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

thechoson

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2004, 01:02:26 PM »
HA HA HA HA

The Dynasty is OVER

The Lakers are DONE

The EAST IS BACK

DETROIT ROCK CITY

And best of all,

Kobe is NOT JORDAN.  Cause Jordan NEVER tanked in a finals game.

This is very true.  That's why all those sportscasters out there need to be quiet when saying he's the next Jordan.  Only Jordan is Jordan. I might be mistaken, but I don't ever remember Jordan scoring LESS than 20 points in a finals series game.  He's clutch.  Not taking away from Kobe's talent, but put the comparisons away.

Detroit is going to win this series, its inevitable.

Jordan played in 35 Finals games.  And yes, he NEVER scored under 20.  In fact, the only series he AVERAGED under 30 was in 1996 against the Sonics.  He averaged an NBA record 41 against the Suns in 1993.

KALIND

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2004, 02:07:09 PM »
Kobe is not the next jordan.

There weill never be another Jordan.  Not even Lebron will be the next jordan.  Lebron might be lucky if he's the next Kobe or even Tmac.

HOWEVER, if you had were forced to name one player in the league that you can compare to Jordan's accomplishments.  Itd have to be Kobe.

What he's accomplished this season is pretty phenomenal considering dude is on Trial, probably not getting any from his fine ass wife, not getting much sleep, etc.  Fellas this is not the next jordan.   But please dont hate on the Best player in the NBA..

thechoson

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2004, 02:14:35 PM »
Kobe is not the next jordan.

There weill never be another Jordan.  Not even Lebron will be the next jordan.  Lebron might be lucky if he's the next Kobe or even Tmac.

HOWEVER, if you had were forced to name one player in the league that you can compare to Jordan's accomplishments.  Itd have to be Kobe.

What he's accomplished this season is pretty phenomenal considering dude is on Trial, probably not getting any from his fine ass wife, not getting much sleep, etc.  Fellas this is not the next jordan.   But please dont hate on the Best player in the NBA..

shaq

KALIND

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2004, 02:20:01 PM »
SHAQ's a great player.  granted, if it wasnt for shaq kobe would have never had the chance to develop and fine tune his game.

For 46 minutes of the game, he's a damn good player.

But shotclock winding down, or if you need that clutch basket  you can easily take out SHAQ by fouling him. 

There is nobody in the League I'd rather have taking the last shot than the rapist himself.

thechoson

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2004, 02:23:25 PM »
SHAQ's a great player.  granted, if it wasnt for shaq kobe would have never had the chance to develop and fine tune his game.

For 46 minutes of the game, he's a damn good player.

But shotclock winding down, or if you need that clutch basket  you can easily take out SHAQ by fouling him. 

There is nobody in the League I'd rather have taking the last shot than the rapist himself.

reggie

KALIND

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2004, 02:34:29 PM »
reggies got some good stuff, but he's predictable

it seems teams enjoy leaving him open to drain the trey in final seconds of a game.
Miller will go 1-12 the whole game and then make that last shot....

Still a jumper can be defended, Kobe can get to hoop, Kobe knows how to draw fouls, Kobe dont miss game tying free throws...

If you wanna call out Miller why dont we just throw Legend in the mix also??

thechoson

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2004, 05:19:25 PM »
reggies got some good stuff, but he's predictable

it seems teams enjoy leaving him open to drain the trey in final seconds of a game.
Miller will go 1-12 the whole game and then make that last shot....

Still a jumper can be defended, Kobe can get to hoop, Kobe knows how to draw fouls, Kobe dont miss game tying free throws...

If you wanna call out Miller why dont we just throw Legend in the mix also??

@#!* Legend. Jordan.

thechoson

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2004, 08:04:32 PM »
Ok... since I am so pumped on the NBA, I will add some substantive tidbits to Kobe Vs. Jordan discussion, and also along with this are things I'd like to see Kobe improve on to get his game to that type of level.

First, I will start with the things Kobe can't do *&^% ABOUT.
1. Jordan had bigger hands.  Yes, this matters a LOT.  If you watch Jordan in his younger days, all his jams were of the one handed variety.  He also did a lot of reverse layups and such around the basket.  Pretty much, Jordan was a better finisher around the basket, BECAUSE he could start and finish his move with ONE HAND.  Kobe cannot do this all the time, he usually has to take it up with two hands, and this takes a split second off his hang time in comparison to Jordan.  Thus Jordan drew more fouls, and more 3 point plays.  Jordan could also finish up top of big men better.

2. Jordan is just a better athlete.  Pop in some highlight videos.  NOBODY, and I MEAN NOBODY, could shut down Jordan in his prime.  What was ridiculous was that Jordan had a crappy jump shot, and still shot in the 50 percent range.  Jordan was just relentless in going to the hole.  The smaller guards like Starks and Dumars had a better shot at guarding him, cause they could slow down his penetration somewhat.  But once Jordan added a post-up game and a jump shot, it was lights out.  Kobe's game sometimes resembles a 32-year old Jordan's game.  Kobe likes to start outside-in a little too much.  He's got the big diesel inside, and plus the Triangle Offense is built on ball reversal.  A quick ball reversal  off the triangle, and BOOM, Kobe should take it to the basket.  Instead, he relies too much on his jump shot sometimes to get him going, and thus he can take himself out of games at times.  Remember, there were lots of games when Jordan might have 10 shot attempts at halftime, but he'd have like 20 points cause he would get free throws. Kobe doesn't do this as much, which is my major gripe against him.

3. Jordan was better defensively.  MY GOD, check out a game from like 1991.  Between him, Pippen, and Horace Grant, that team felt like it had 7 players on defense.  Kobe is almost as good as Jordan one-on-one, but does not have the help defense instincts that Jordan did.  Kobe also takes some plays off. Jordan NEVER EVER took a play off on defense, he was a madman.

4. Jordan is a bigger a-hole.  Yes, Kobe is working on this, but sometimes I wonder if he has the heart to go out and murder people.  One of my favorite highlights is from 1992 Eastern Semis, when the Bulls, having won 67 games that series, was pushed to 7 by the Knicks.  There was one game in that series, when Jordan splits a double team, and is met by Ewing and Oakley at the basket. He goes right at them, knocks them both down, and puts the ball in and is fouled.  Afterwards, he has a murderous look on his face and is yelling expletives at both Ewing and Oakley, who are on the floor.  The two guys were like his best friends!  Kobe doesn't have that kind of murderous rage yet.

Oh, speaking of the Knicks, does anyone remember that dunk in 94 playoffs?  The one Pippen put on Ewing? My GOD.

thechoson

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2004, 11:45:39 PM »
DETROIT WINS

DETROIT WINS

HAHA Karl Malone, you got your ass kicked yet again