Law School Discussion

history of early score release question

LegalLassie

Re: history of early score release question
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2005, 02:36:37 PM »
Deep breaths people. worrying does nothing. i probably crapped on my lsat, but im going to try and enjoy my weekend, stay reasonably busy, and trust that god's got a plan for me - regardless of the outcome. He has each and every person on this board (and beyond) in his "mind" during these life changing moments and loves each enough to give the exact score we all need to direct us in our perfect paths. I am not trying to sound preachy, i just think its the best, if only, way to get through this waiting game with peace of mind -

Chao amigos -

Lo mejor suerte a todos

This is totally off topic, but your post reminds me of this friend of my little brother's who was a hardcore Christian.  Even though he was only 20, he was dating this older woman who had a few kids because he said it was "God's will" that they be together.  Later, she dumped him.  He said that was God's will too. 

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I remember that as being a humorous thing when it happened.

mobo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2005, 02:37:41 PM »
some of us (ME for one) don't believe in "meant to be" and "god has a plan for us". while i appreciate the deep breath/keep things in perspective thoughts...it did come off as preachy...

perhaps the discussion about theology/fatalism/free will might be better off on a different thread?

MountainLawBoy

• im a christian and im liberal. URM?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2005, 02:40:17 PM »
I know that sounded "preachy", that is why i mentioned it and asked pardon. Anything involving God know days is preachy, or old timey, or just innapropriate. I only mention it because it sincerely helps me get through junk like this.

As for the fatalistic part- i suppose, in the most obvious sense, this perspective is just that. But, allowing myself to concede that I do not have control over all the factors in my life (ie., my lsat score, the release date of my lsat score, the lack of a school with an LSAT standard rediculously low enough to accept me) lets me take a deep breath and stop troubling myself. It lets my think, "hey, there is nothing i can do, its not my deal to figure this out, its God's territory". And that helps me. Truly.

This should not be offensive to anyone because i mean only a suggestion as something that brings peace to me - and maybe to you. Give it a shot, at this point what do you have to lose? only stress  :)

heads up -

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2005, 02:44:32 PM »
some of us (ME for one) don't believe in "meant to be" and "god has a plan for us". while i appreciate the deep breath/keep things in perspective thoughts...it did come off as preachy...

perhaps the discussion about theology/fatalism/free will might be better off on a different thread?
Oh good grief.  We've had all the other ranting and joking and off-topic junk that's been tossed about on this board today, and it's been a source of entertainment and release for almost everyone.  Then ONE person makes ONE post of encouragement, using themes from their own belief system regarding a higher order to things, and people are all offended and rubbed the wrong way.  GET... A... LIFE.  I don't care for "Angry Fundamentalists", but "Angry Atheists/Agnostics" are just as shrill and annoying.  Be tolerant of other people, that guy wasn't shoving anything down anyone's throat.

mobo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2005, 02:48:39 PM »
i know we are all on edge. try not to jump all over my Sh$% until you read my post. let me recap.

i noted that i believe differently.
i said i appreciated the sentiment.
i agreed it sounded preachy.
i *nicely* suggested the topic go on a separate thread, because it didn't have anything to do with THIS one.

NOT deserving of the strength of your reaction, since mine was so mild.

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2005, 02:51:49 PM »
i think it's god's will that LSAC get their asses moving and send out the emails.

at least that's what he told me.

Numbers

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2005, 02:56:35 PM »

its also God's plan for us to do our best

I don't think el gran jefe cares if I get a 180.  But if I'm gonna have anyone rooting for me, I guess he would be my choice.

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2005, 03:01:44 PM »
i know we are all on edge. try not to jump all over my Sh$% until you read my post. let me recap...
The tone of your post was transparently rude, and the gist of it was "your spiritual sentiments are inappropriate and not welcome here"... I can't help but note that your "recap" is about twice as long as the original post.  At any rate, I don't think I "jumped all over your sh*t" any moreso than you did him... I was just making a statement, no big deal.

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2005, 03:04:13 PM »
oh my...i think we all need to go take a couple of preptests to calm our frazzled nerves.

mobo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2005, 03:25:50 PM »
just goes to show how easy it is to misinterpret the written word. i read "GET... A... LIFE.  I don't care for "Angry Fundamentalists", but "Angry Atheists/Agnostics" are just as shrill and annoying." as jumping over my SH#$.

my bad.

must......go....practice....o hmmmmmmmm. ohmmmmmmm.

must enjoy being called shrill and annoying.....

ohmmmmmmmm. ohmmmmmmmm.

:D