Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: June 2003 test (40)  (Read 785 times)

robbief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Right?
    • View Profile
    • Email
June 2003 test (40)
« on: June 10, 2004, 05:27:06 PM »
Just wondering what you guys thought of this one.  On the whole test there were maybe two questions that stumped me.  The games were decent, as long as you didn't take too much time worrying about the stupid airplane routes and just played each question as they came, and the RC was -- dare I say -- entertaining.  Did others feel this way?

I got a 174, which is up there with my highest, but I also tried something that I swore I never would: Ritalin.  Oh man... is it a miracle drug or was this test just genuinely easy?  I was so alert, I almost found myself smiling during the test.

M2

Re: June 2003 test (40)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 05:28:58 PM »
I thought this test was pretty easy. I got a 17/24 on games which is good for me

Candide

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 05:41:07 PM »
I agree, this one was pretty easy.  Even I got 16/23 on games.  LR and RC were also very reasonable.  Killer scale though - my 85 raw just barely squeaked me into a 166.

robbief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Right?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 06:34:01 PM »
Thanks for your responses.  So I shouldn't solely attribute my score to the Ritalin?  Or better yet, I shouldn't assume that this score is indicative of how I'll do on Monday.

M2

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 07:23:10 PM »
Im not saying the ritalin had nothing to do with it...but it could have also been partially a placebo affect. just be careful with ritalin as it can increase anxiety in addition to concentration

pross1492

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 07:36:26 PM »
believe me.  this test was very easy.  the scores you guys get, i have no hope of ever coming close to, and even i scored 160 on this one.  it wasnt the ritalin, this one was a walk.

robbief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Right?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 07:40:07 PM »
Man...I guess it makes sense, if every body seemed to do well on it...  Maybe I could use this a confidence booster if nothing else and that, alone, will increase my scores.

Dilettante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2004, 01:12:29 AM »
I took this one today.. 167.  Hmmph.  It wasn't a particularly hard test, but I did tank the airlines question, only get 2/7.

Also the reading section was unusually pleasant reading--except the last one, which I found difficult and got 3 wrong on, mostly cause I didn't pace myself well and was rushed.  Five wrong on the damn airplanes game and 3 wrong on a damn essay on the effect of leading questions on memory creation.

I still can't nail my pacing, it's so weird.  About half the time, I finish LR and RC with lots and lots of extra time, 4-5 minutes.. the other half, I'm getting easy questions wrong because I only have 60 seconds to do the whole last page.

JiggityJig

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2004, 09:37:27 AM »
I think it was a pretty nice test, and I only missed 1-3 questions per section -- although oddly enough, I aced the airport routes and got fuddled on the basic soup ingredients question.

I noticed a number of the LR questions were the kind that you can diagram, which is helpful.  The reading on dark matter was recently a news story, which meant I could spend less time parsing in than the typical science-based reading section.

So even if was easier, it's a fairly recent test from June -- go ahead and use it as a confidence-booster.