Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Patent Law  (Read 2327 times)

Rod Treweek

Patent Law
« on: June 05, 2003, 04:34:39 AM »
I've seen it posted on other areas of this discussion board that there are law schools that also offer one year technical masters degrees bundled with the JD to qualify students to take the patent bar.  Unfortunately no one has as of yet posted which schools have these types of programs, degree of competitiveness, cost, etc.  If anyone knows which schools have this type of program and/or knows anything else about pursuing this type of education (pitfalls, cost vs. benefit, etc.), please either email me or (preferably) post here.

Thanks in advance,
Rod

Kelley

Re: Patent Law
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2003, 03:39:14 AM »
Dear Rod,
Hey there!  I just applied to FP and got denied, however I have spent half of my life in NH.  FP has a great reputation and is very well known for there Patent program.  I haven't ever heard of any graduate not finding a good job.  Furthermore, Concord is a pretty cool city, with Boston and other neighboring towns not too far away.  Sorry, not too much help, but best wishes to you anyway.  Oh, yeah check out the chat rooms on Princetonreview.com and Kaplan.
 :),Kelley  

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
Re: Patent Law
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2003, 12:34:07 AM »
It seems any law school that offers an IP masters and a J.D. should satisfy the patent bar or even a narrow interest of certain Intellecual Property Law might do the trick I haven't seen any such schools by my reseach but I ma sure there in this pile (about 50-75 catologs of all sorts of law schools) I got a couple years back that gives the skinny on the school and the basics (although outdated still informative)  8)
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141