Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The White Guilt Thread  (Read 11137 times)

LSorbust

• View Profile
Re: The White Guilt Thread
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2005, 08:28:10 AM »
Mobell says "The idea that there aren't things that Black people suffer just on the basis of being Black in a predominantly White society...utterly ridiculous."  Lsorbust originally said "surely you're not saying blacks have no problems just because they're black."  She's going to law school, yet is having problems not only with a double negative, but with following the general flow of a statement.  So much for her admission not being due to her URM status.

elegantpearl01

« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2005, 10:08:34 AM »
Thank LSorbust for taking time out of your busy schedule to educate us dumb ignorant folks on what we need to do in order to better ourselves in American society. You have solved the problems that have plagued our community for hundreds of years in a mere few minutes. I  guess I should be grateful that someone saw fit give a colored girl a law degree and bar membership.  My LSAT score was obviously given to me unfairly (as was Mobell's) and my grade point average/extra-curriculars were unearned. I guess I got my clerkship at my state's highest court because I'm colored too.

Seriously, you sound really salty..I think what you said to Mobell was rude and crass. You basically implied that she got into her law school of choice because she is a minority.

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2005, 10:25:47 AM »
Whoever said this was on point: Never argue with fools.  They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

LSorbust

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2005, 11:04:45 AM »
Lsorbust said: "I expect vitriol, sarcasm and the like, but I do not expect a defense on the merits."

Check.

Muse

• Sr. Citizen
  • I heart Naomi!
    • View Profile
    • Yeah I have one...like everyone else.
« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2005, 11:12:41 AM »
So let me get this straight, are you implying that Mobell's merits weren't taken into consideration bc she is a URM?

Damn must suck to be black. Adcoms just look at our shade of brown before giving us the okay. I love the man. He treats us negros so good. Thanks massa!
Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No ulterior motives. No hidden meanings. An absence of hypocrisy, duplicity, political games, and verbal superficiality. As honesty and real integrity characterize our lives, there will be no need to manipulate others.--Chuck Swindoll

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2005, 11:20:44 AM »
Lsorbust said: "I expect vitriol, sarcasm and the like, but I do not expect a defense on the merits."

Check.

Maybe if you came with a thought that were more original, interesting, and coherent, people would be moved to engage you, but alas....
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

LSorbust

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2005, 11:29:31 AM »

Check.

Maybe if you came with a thought that were more original, interesting, and coherent, people would be moved to engage you, but alas....

Checkmate, and I'm done.

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #127 on: July 06, 2005, 11:32:29 AM »
Whoever said this was on point: Never argue with fools.  They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

LOL :D That is some funny *&^% BP.

Intuition

• Sr. Citizen
  • We wander down darkened pathways in a daze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2005, 01:08:43 PM »
I feel guilty for being the same race as LSorbust.  :-[

elegantpearl01

« Reply #129 on: July 06, 2005, 01:35:44 PM »
So let me get this straight, are you implying that Mobell's merits weren't taken into consideration bc she is a URM?

Damn must suck to be black. Adcoms just look at our shade of brown before giving us the okay. I love the man. He treats us negros so good. Thanks massa!

We sho' have it good don't we soror?