Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I Miss Michael Jordan  (Read 3293 times)

thechoson

I Miss Michael Jordan
« on: June 10, 2004, 03:02:44 PM »
I am seriously depressed.  I miss Michael Jordan.  I kinda see what Cubs fans go through.

I mean, I started following sports religiously when I was about 10.  1992.  Guess what, Jordan was kicking ass.  I jumped on that bandwagon.  B-Ball was my game.  I watched religiously. Jordan was my God.

I cried when he retired in 93.  I rejoiced when he came back in 95, then cried again when Horace Grant had the audacity to celebrate in the United Center.  I doubted the man, but would never again after he lit up the NBA in 1996 to the tune of 72 wins, All-star MVP, reg season MVP, and Finals MVP.  He did to Malone what he did to Ewing, Reggie, Charles, and all those greats that would have rings if it wasn't for him.  He killed them.  There was nothing like rooting for a man and a team, that just could NOT LOSE.  In 1997, I was nervous, but then Jordan plays sick, scores 38 and drills the 3 that clinches Game 5.  In 98, I was REALLY nervous, but Jordan steals from Malone, and drills it to win Championship 6.

IT was like, hey, the hits keep on coming.  Then he retired.  And its sucked ever since, and my life isn't quite as fun.  Guys like Kobe, McGrady, Grant Hill, all tried to take over. I try to give them love, but I can't.  One is a rapist, one has one ankle, and one can't play defense.

Jordan came back briefly, but it wasn't the same. But I was still happy. It was like I was a kid all over again, and though the hits didn't come quite the way they used to, it was almost magic again.  And now, he's gone. For good.

Now I know what old timers mean when they say, "There will never be another Bill Russell" or "No team is as great as the 1972 Lakers"

Sports can make you so happy when you are winning, yet can depress you so much, when you realize it is indeed a metaphor for life.  Mortality is the one gurantee in sports.  I can't help but be depressed when I see the Pistons and Lakers slog it out.

I dream, I close my eyes, and I see Michael, Scottie, Dennis, Luc, and Ron.  I see them dominating defensively, playing the game the way it was supposed to be played.

I see my own Court of Dreams sometimes, and if I build it, I am sure all of you will come...

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I Miss Michael Jordan
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 03:08:21 PM »
me too. I don't even watch basketball anymore b/c of it, at least I don't follow it.
but i'm not depressed over it.

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 03:12:12 PM »
same here.

i was watching the finals tuesday, and felt really weird....but can't think about why...

then i saw the giant lakers logo on staples center, then i thought to myself...

i haven't seen those big, bad, angry looking red bulls logo for 6 years!

it's amazing how low chicago has fallen since MJ and the gang left......there was a time in the NBA that no one thought defeating chicago in the finals was possible....now they don't freaking even make it to the playoffs!

i miss MJ.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 03:59:56 PM »
i miss mark madsen in a lakers uniform pumping his fists like an angry white man with teret.

i miss rodman in a bulls uniform. 
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

thechoson

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 04:01:34 PM »
i miss mark madsen in a lakers uniform pumping his fists like an angry white man with teret.

Madsen is the biggest tool in the history of tools.

Dsong, that better not be my nephew in that avatar.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 04:02:11 PM »

no...its my son.

thechoson

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 04:02:55 PM »

no...its my son.

Cold, hyungnim. Very cold. I guess we won't be sharing soju and ramen together

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 04:03:49 PM »

no...its my son.

Cold, hyungnim. Very cold. I guess we won't be sharing soju and ramen together

of course we will...and so will my son.

thechoson

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 04:04:28 PM »
i can't believe your son is already a gorcho.  We should eliminate that Korean stereotype.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2004, 04:06:20 PM »
i can't believe your son is already a gorcho.  We should eliminate that Korean stereotype.

alright.  ill stop it.

ill put up a different avatar.