Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: New Basement Apartment - PO Box?  (Read 242 times)

kdeevers

• View Profile
New Basement Apartment - PO Box?
« on: June 23, 2005, 09:13:16 AM »
I just secured an apartment for law school.  It is in the basement of a woman's house and the area is safe and conveniently located.  I was a little weary about renting a basement apartment at first, but I have found out that in the area I will be in, that is very common.

The woman seems very nice and is almost as excited about me going to law school as I am (especially b/c she obtained her undergrad degree from the same school).  My question is this.  When applying for jobs and stuff, I will want to make sure I get EVERY envelope/correspondence that comes back to me.  While I don't think she would do anything, she has two teenage sons and she gets home at 8 pm every night, so they will be getting the mail.  My question is, should I consider getting a PO Box?  They are not that expensive, or do they not look "as good" on a resume?  This may be a silly question, but any input would be appreciated.  Thanks  :)

abomb

• AOL Instant Messenger - smackxcp
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (Abomb's Legalease)
    • Email
Re: New Basement Apartment - PO Box?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 02:51:25 PM »
From an employers standpoint, I doubt it would make much difference one way or another. In fact, with such a variety of living arrangements, I'm sure its a lot more common than you'd think, and the law firms or other potential employers might note your good sense in getting a reliable mail situation set up. Or, you could be right. But I think its a good idea to get the PO box, as long as its not costing you an arm and a leg.