Law School Discussion

How do i motivate myself?

Re: How do i motivate myself?
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2004, 01:55:37 PM »
Just seeing if people were paying attention.

dsong02

• small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2004, 02:01:25 PM »
i ignored the rest of the post when i got to the wilson philips part.

Nylo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2004, 02:22:57 PM »
Also, I have an lsat study buddy (my boyfriend).  We motivate each other, and it's fun openly discussing lsat questions strategies. 

Good idea in theory but how do you keep the inevitable competitiveness in check? I'd hate to see one of you get a 175 and the other a 155 on test day.

ttiwed

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2004, 03:25:50 PM »
thanks for the good ideas. i'll try all of em except the masturbation incentive. at this age, masturbation isn't really considered a treat. its more like something done once in awhile, like laundry.

i actually found having a girlfriend while studying for the test to be a major distraction. last winter when i was with my ex, we started to have problems after i started to be "short with her" and and when i wasn't "giving her the attention she deserved." in reality, i was just too busy and stressed with that godforsaken test to be the boyfriend she wanted. oh well... we ended up breaking up like a week after the feb lsat. now i am single and have to repeat the studying process all over again.

um... i guess on second thought, i'll try the masturbation idea after all...

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2004, 03:59:13 PM »
thanks for the good ideas. i'll try all of em except the masturbation incentive. at this age, masturbation isn't really considered a treat. its more like something done once in awhile, like laundry.

i actually found having a girlfriend while studying for the test to be a major distraction. last winter when i was with my ex, we started to have problems after i started to be "short with her" and and when i wasn't "giving her the attention she deserved." in reality, i was just too busy and stressed with that godforsaken test to be the boyfriend she wanted. oh well... we ended up breaking up like a week after the feb lsat. now i am single and have to repeat the studying process all over again.

um... i guess on second thought, i'll try the masturbation idea after all...

no worrys, mate.

after you are in harvard law, them gold diggers will be up to their knees begging for your love ;)

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2004, 04:12:19 PM »
Or, you can go to the websites of the last law school you would ever want to go to... the law school that, if it was the only school you got accepted to, you may consider a plan B and not even go to law school.  That's what I do.  I won't say the name of that school, because I'd hate to offend anyone who may be going there.
Also, I have an lsat study buddy (my boyfriend).  We motivate each other, and it's fun openly discussing lsat questions strategies.  We also have the best breaks between studying.  ;)   
Lastly, make sure you reward yourself.  When you get the score you want, or something close, treat yourself to something nice (e.g. clothes, movies, FOOD :D).  That way, studying doesn't become so monotonous, and you're constantly striving for a steady and constant score.  However, try this only if laying in bed dreaming of your reach school doesn't do the trick.
Hope some (or all) of this helps.
personally i motivate myself by going to the websites of harvard, yale, penn, stanford, u of chicago...etc law schools everyday...i even have VARITAS [the harvard seal] on my desktop so i look at it everyday and say to myself...."if you get a 179, you'll have a shot".
 :)

also, i have completely quit video games.

no games unil october 2nd [i hope  ;D]

haha....i like the BF/GF thing....i bet it's good stress reliever!  ;D

NYBound05

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2004, 10:03:15 PM »
Also, I have an lsat study buddy (my boyfriend).  We motivate each other, and it's fun openly discussing lsat questions strategies. 

Good idea in theory but how do you keep the inevitable competitiveness in check? I'd hate to see one of you get a 175 and the other a 155 on test day.

Yeah, I hear you.  Deep down we're out to make sure both of us are performing well throughout the entire prepping process.  If he's performing poorly in a section, it's my responsibility to help him out and vice versa.  That way, he benefits and so do I by reinforcing strategies in my mind.  Also, come test day, hopefully there won't be such a huge disparity between our scores.  We've been together almost 3 years, and we've always helped each other out in school, even though we go to different schools.  If I'm not doing well in a semester and he is, he doesn't feel right and helps me out.  The same will apply for the LSAT.

NYBound05

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2004, 10:06:14 PM »
Or, you can go to the websites of the last law school you would ever want to go to... the law school that, if it was the only school you got accepted to, you may consider a plan B and not even go to law school.  That's what I do.  I won't say the name of that school, because I'd hate to offend anyone who may be going there.
Also, I have an lsat study buddy (my boyfriend).  We motivate each other, and it's fun openly discussing lsat questions strategies.  We also have the best breaks between studying.  ;)   
Lastly, make sure you reward yourself.  When you get the score you want, or something close, treat yourself to something nice (e.g. clothes, movies, FOOD :D).  That way, studying doesn't become so monotonous, and you're constantly striving for a steady and constant score.  However, try this only if laying in bed dreaming of your reach school doesn't do the trick.
Hope some (or all) of this helps.
personally i motivate myself by going to the websites of harvard, yale, penn, stanford, u of chicago...etc law schools everyday...i even have VARITAS [the harvard seal] on my desktop so i look at it everyday and say to myself...."if you get a 179, you'll have a shot".
 :)

also, i have completely quit video games.

no games unil october 2nd [i hope  ;D]

haha....i like the BF/GF thing....i bet it's good stress reliever!  ;D

You're f-ing right it is...no pun intended.  ;D