Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best Law Schools for the Non-Traditional Student  (Read 2515 times)

letmeindamnit2006

• View Profile
Best Law Schools for the Non-Traditional Student
« on: June 21, 2005, 03:28:33 PM »
I have been trying to figure which law schools have the best programs for the non-traditional applicant.  For instance, University of Pittsburgh is known to heavily recruit non-traditional students.  Well, that is what their admissions office indicates.  Does anyone else know of what other law schools who attempt to attract non-traditional law school applicants?  Thanks!!!

ccorsi

Re: Best Law Schools for the Non-Traditional Student
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 04:21:01 PM »
I have been trying to figure which law schools have the best programs for the non-traditional applicant.  For instance, University of Pittsburgh is known to heavily recruit non-traditional students.  Well, that is what their admissions office indicates.  Does anyone else know of what other law schools who attempt to attract non-traditional law school applicants?  Thanks!!!

That may or may not be true, but I do know that Pitt does not have an Evening Program which most non-trads are interested in.

That is why I didn't apply there.

C2

alibami_z

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 04:30:16 PM »
Call me biased because I'm going to Georgetown, but GULC seems to be very concerned with diversity in all its manifestations.  This includes life/work experience.

GULC also has a part-time program.

I was told by my uncle-in-law (is there such a thing?) who happens to be a lawyer, that a colleague's daughter just graduated from GULC.  She said that there were a lot of non-trads there in general.  She was pleasantly surprised and said that it added a lot to her law school experience.

I hope this is true.  I'll find out in about 2 months.
Georgetown University Law Center
Class of 2008

letmeindamnit2006

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 05:49:01 PM »

That may or may not be true, but I do know that Pitt does not have an Evening Program which most non-trads are interested in.

C2

I am aware that Pitt does not offer an evening/part-time program.  It meshed quite well with me since I am looking for full-time day programs that seek the diversity of non-traditional students. Thanks for your input!!!

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 05:51:10 PM »
Widener's pretty accepting of the non-traditional student.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

ccorsi

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 06:48:07 PM »

C2

I am aware that Pitt does not offer an evening/part-time program.  It meshed quite well with me since I am looking for full-time day programs that seek the diversity of non-traditional students. Thanks for your input!!!

You are quite welcome for the input!!!  Actually, Pitt does have a part time program - they call it Flex-time.

They just don't have an evening program.

C2

geni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 08:01:28 PM »
Well... I was accepted to both ASU and UofA... so obviously they are pretty open to the non-trad student.

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 11:08:33 AM »
Northwestern definitely prefers applicants with work experience.  I think Northeastern does as well, since they really weigh soft factors that indicate a genuine interest in practicing law.
Fed gov't atty

lp4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • super genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 01:17:33 PM »
Check out Southwestern.  They have 3 separate non-traditional programs.
"What we do in life...echoes in eternity." -- Gladiator

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 12:05:09 AM »
Capital University in Columbus, OH is very good for non-trads.