Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Another Stone Tortoise thought  (Read 299 times)

nascjacket

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=nascjacket
Another Stone Tortoise thought
« on: June 21, 2005, 12:23:51 PM »
While in the shower (which is where I do my best thinking, too bad they don't administer a waterproof LSAT) I thought about the following possible reason for the question being pulled:

If I'm not mistaken the question asked which answer most closely served the same function/purpose as the stone/bread example.  I have come to the conclusion that a large part of the problem si that the stone/bread example served TWO distinct purposes.  First of all it served as an illustration of the biblical allusions that the author of the critique talked about earlier in the passage.  Second of all, it served as an illustration of turning percieved negatives into strength.  When looking at it this way, it becomes clear that depeninding on which you picked as the purpose of the stone/bread metaphor then either the tortoise or Job would serve equally well as asnwers.

If you decided that the purpose of the metaphor was to provide support of the biblical allusions, then obviously you are going to pick JOb.  If you decided tha tthe purpose was to show negativity turning to strength, then its obvious that you would pick the tortoise as having the most similar function.

GO_PTO

• Sr. Citizen
  • my children... I have returned for law school!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - helios933
    • View Profile
Re: Another Stone Tortoise thought
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 01:14:42 PM »
While in the shower (which is where I do my best thinking, too bad they don't administer a waterproof LSAT) I thought about the following possible reason for the question being pulled:

If I'm not mistaken the question asked which answer most closely served the same function/purpose as the stone/bread example.  I have come to the conclusion that a large part of the problem si that the stone/bread example served TWO distinct purposes.  First of all it served as an illustration of the biblical allusions that the author of the critique talked about earlier in the passage.  Second of all, it served as an illustration of turning percieved negatives into strength.  When looking at it this way, it becomes clear that depeninding on which you picked as the purpose of the stone/bread metaphor then either the tortoise or Job would serve equally well as asnwers.

If you decided that the purpose of the metaphor was to provide support of the biblical allusions, then obviously you are going to pick JOb.  If you decided tha tthe purpose was to show negativity turning to strength, then its obvious that you would pick the tortoise as having the most similar function.

hmmm... sounds good
(163+172)/3.5

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
Re: Another Stone Tortoise thought
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 01:15:48 PM »
does anyone know if this question was pulled?
I can't seem to find a thread about it anywhere!!!

::)

just messin'
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive