Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: did you have people drop out of the test in the middle of it?  (Read 1303 times)

lillycakes

• View Profile
Re: did you have people drop out of the test in the middle of it?
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2005, 03:35:24 PM »
i almost dropped out partway through the experimental r.c. section.  god did it rock me.

What was the experimental RC like?  I had experimental games; only one of the four seemed really out-there...
Whee!: Georgetown ($$), UVA ($), UMich, NYU, Indiana-Bloomington ($$, W), Duke ($), WashU ($, W)
Boo!: Yale
Sigh..: Columbia, Harvard
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=iheartnewark

blondelawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2005, 03:37:59 PM »
was your ex. rc section hard? We had an experimental rc also, but it was easy-- I mean, they were so easy you knew that they had to be experiemental..It made up for the February exp. RC section that made me cry. :(
"Do you think she got up one morning and said, 'I think I'll go to law school today'?"

du-can

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • lsn
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2005, 04:15:56 PM »
it was the one with the soviet poet.  that passage took me 11 minutes to do and i wasn't sure about many of the answers.  wasn't feeling so hot after that.

somniferum

• Sr. Citizen
  • Papavar somniferum
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2005, 04:17:40 PM »
I only had four other people taking the test at my test center.  All of us stuck it out to the end.  We had a chance to chat a while before the test (our test administrator was late). Only one of the four had seriously prepped, 2 said they had done some review problems, and one guy didn't even know what was on the LSAT.  He actually said "There's a writing sample?".

BigChiefHoho

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.77/171
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2005, 04:20:26 PM »
There were about forty people in my section at the test center.  One guy left crying toward the end of it. :( The rest of us stuck it out.
Mein Hut, er hat drei Ecken!
Drei Ecken hat mein Hut.
Und hat er nicht drei Ecken,
Dann ist er nicht mein Hut.

blondelawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2005, 04:21:05 PM »
when i took the LSAT the first time in feb, there was a guy sitting in the waiting area who i thought was homeless!! (older, dirty, wearing sweatpants with a neon beanie). Turns out he was there to test also!

My reaction was "well, he'll be the one who gets the 180!"
"Do you think she got up one morning and said, 'I think I'll go to law school today'?"

ccorsi

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2005, 04:30:16 PM »
was your ex. rc section hard? We had an experimental rc also, but it was easy-- I mean, they were so easy you knew that they had to be experiemental..It made up for the February exp. RC section that made me cry. :(

That Feb section rocked me as well.  Totally took me off my game and it was early in the test too.

C2

gailrules

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2005, 04:51:39 PM »
For some reason, 2 of the games (section 4) threw me, and I was almost in tears and seriously considering canceling my score. I pulled myself together, got through section 5, and then had SO MUCH FUN with the writing sample. I know this is totally stupid, but I walked out of the test feeling very very dandy with myself. So I'm keeping my score.

Damn writing sample, why can't they just grade it???

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2005, 05:02:27 PM »
I sat in the front row so I wouldn't be distracted by anyone.  It worked.  I don't remember anyone from the test.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

swordfish

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2005, 05:09:03 PM »
In my test center they brought a cadaver down the hall during the test.  Some people got sick from the smell and left, I couldn't regain my composure needless to say my score sucked arse.