Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Does anyone watch Girlfriends?  (Read 2430 times)

shiveringjenny

Re: Does anyone watch Girlfriends?
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2005, 01:43:46 AM »
I used to like it, but that was before I watched it a lot. I only like Joan's story line. The rest of those chicks are people I wouldn't like in real life.

jdw112

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2005, 09:06:08 AM »
I am all for black television, but Girlfriends is a craptacular show.

faith2005

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2005, 09:44:39 AM »
LOL! ok, maybe toni is an upscale chickenhead. i don't have any friends that sleep around like lynn, but i have one who used to be sort of a playa, and i have one or two friends that are all about money, sort of a mix btw. toni and william, and i definitely have friends like joan and mya. myabe i'm the only one who sees their crew in girlfriends. my friends and i can also sometimes see ourselves in sex and the city BUT I don't have any good friends who have $ like they do. ok, maybe one.  :D

Roxie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Who wants a clean house!?!?!?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2005, 09:59:41 AM »
 :-X

I like girlfriends . . .I know it can't be real ( I mean how many friends do you have that sleep around as much as Lynn?) but its fun to be sucked in for 30 minutes . . . .they really crack me up.
Think before you speak.

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2005, 10:01:10 AM »

I like girlfriends . . .I know it can't be real ( I mean how many friends do you have that sleep around as much as Lynn?) but its fun to be sucked in for 30 minutes . . . .they really crack me up.

:D
Roxie, girl I know you watched the Different World  special.  how was it?

Roxie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2005, 10:02:52 AM »
It was really good.  I just posted about it on the main blsd board...
Think before you speak.

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2005, 10:40:45 AM »
It was really good.  I just posted about it on the main blsd board...

Post it here

faith2005

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2005, 10:46:15 AM »
LOL roxie! i thought, hmm, i may not be like Lynn, but do I know girls like her, who I am friendly with...maybe.  :D

Roxie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2005, 11:00:43 AM »
How many guys = a lot??

The Different World special was good.  I felt like I was taking a trip down memory lane with them.  Jasmine Guy looked particularly old.  Kim was missing.  Ron has a bald head.  Cree Summer wasn't there.  Dwayne Wayne was as non-cute as ever...he looks the same.  He had his daughter with him....I wondered if that is the child with Chante Moore?  Debbie Allen is my new idol.  I didn't realize what a great director she is.  Phylicia Rashard was on there too talking about the show, her sister's role as director and Bill Cosby.  I enjoyed it.  We need another pair of really good shows like Cosby and Different World.  I miss them!!
Think before you speak.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
    • Black Law Students Association
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2005, 01:49:40 PM »
my friends who go to ls in dc rarely wear anything outside of black suits and gray suits with white/blue shirts to their jobs. its sooooo boring. but dc is more conservative than nyc/boston/la so, i was hoping other places you get to change it up a little.

I have found this to be VERY true.  I never had to wear a suit at the engineering firm, so working around these lawyers all day has opened my eyes to their fashion.  I thought I had it down, but I was wrong.  My stuff is too...for lack of a better word, liberal.  I got different colored dress shirts and ties etc.  No.  Not how its done. 

Faith hit the nail on the head.  Black or Grey suits.  White shirts or LIGHT blue shirts only.  Conservative ties only.  What I typically see brothers and sisters wearing at the first fridays or whatever around the city is not what goes here.  I had to go out and buy all new sh!t, which hurts, b/c as struggling law students you'd like your loot to go towards stuff other than work clothes.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston