Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Vietnamese Law Students  (Read 1462 times)

hippiecrap2005

• View Profile
Vietnamese Law Students
« on: June 20, 2005, 11:20:59 PM »
First of all, are there any Vietnamese law or pre-law students on this board? And secondly, are the Vietnamese considered URM? I'm Vietnamese.  :)

frolicdetour

• View Profile
Re: Vietnamese Law Students
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 11:01:02 AM »
Hi Hippie crap,

I am a Vietnamese-American who is contemplating law school for 2006. I have a 3.5 from a liberal arts program a few years ago. I work in Boston and thinking of attending school in the northeast or in the south (Texas), but that is contingent on the LSAT results after October '05.

We can exchange emails to discuss more if you are interested.

Dawson
frolicdetour@yahoo.com

supernga

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 04:41:43 PM »
I'm also Vietnamese, from Dallas.  Attending SMU this fall.  Not sure if Vietnamese are URM - there might be a whole lot of us applying to law school as the back-up for med school.  So if you're a hippie, does that mean you protest the war that brought you here?    ;D

TripleSpeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 03:29:30 AM »
Vietnamese here.  Reporting. 
I'm not sure if we're considered URM either.  I think we are an URM when considered within the asian american community at law schools.  Most I think are Chinese, Korean or Japanese.

mto83

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 12:11:25 PM »
I'm also Vietnamese, from Dallas.  Attending SMU this fall.  Not sure if Vietnamese are URM - there might be a whole lot of us applying to law school as the back-up for med school.  So if you're a hippie, does that mean you protest the war that brought you here?    ;D

Ooh. I am applying to SMU. How do you like it?

I assume we just fall into Asian, which is no help. Gay is the answer!

SFnative

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 01:13:40 PM »

Ooh. I am applying to SMU. How do you like it?

I assume we just fall into Asian, which is no help. Gay is the answer!

LOL, as a gay chinese male, I have to second that! i got into cal and gtown so far so i dont think it hurt me by any means.