Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: All things Villanova...  (Read 1343 times)

tomas23t

• View Profile
All things Villanova...
« on: June 20, 2005, 03:39:56 PM »
Just thought I'd start a thread for all the future Villanova One Ls.

I saw this old link from last year, and there is some useful info on housing.

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,2132.120.html

Im getting stoked to move up to Philly.  Anyone else moving from the DC area?
In: $$$Pitt(8k per year), $$$Villanova(10K per year), Catholic, San Diego
Waitlist: GW, U-Conn, Wake Forest, American
Out: Wisconsin, Boston College, G-Town, Illinois....and more...

LoveYaLots

• View Profile
Re: All things Villanova...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 08:39:24 PM »
Yey! A Villanova thread!  ;D 
Hope more people leave messages to say HELLO!  :)

tomas23t

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 09:26:52 AM »
Loveyalots, where are you moving from?
In: $$$Pitt(8k per year), $$$Villanova(10K per year), Catholic, San Diego
Waitlist: GW, U-Conn, Wake Forest, American
Out: Wisconsin, Boston College, G-Town, Illinois....and more...

dividedsky

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT, 2.73 UGPA
    • View Profile
    • all bisco all the time
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 10:09:04 AM »
this thread lacks momentum

HOLLA

ok anyway i moved up here three weeks ago from New Orleans... and yes i miss the dirty dirty south, but no i dont miss those 100 degree days (graduation day was f'in miserable)...  i'm enjoying my new pad in the Manayunk section of philly. 

when the rest of you (how many are there out there?) get on up here to philly, Manayunk is the spot we should all meet for drinks before we start at 'nova.  hey, it sure beats meeting people the old-fashioned and awkward way (at orientation-type events...)

PS - does anyone know if we have a realistic shot of getting any basketball tickets this season?  this will be my first time attending to a school that actually has a sports team its proud of

tycom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 10:36:47 AM »
I'm going to be a 2l at villanova and will answer any questions you guys might have.  Good pick with Manayunk - you'll have a lot of fun, but the commute to school can be bad sometimes.  Find someone who knows the back roads and learn that way.  Driving on 76 with no traffic will be a few minutes faster, but 76 can easily turn a 15 minute trip into an hour trip.  The back way is always 20-25 minutes.

dividedsky

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT, 2.73 UGPA
    • View Profile
    • all bisco all the time
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005, 11:11:21 AM »
I'm going to be a 2l at villanova and will answer any questions you guys might have.  Good pick with Manayunk - you'll have a lot of fun, but the commute to school can be bad sometimes.  Find someone who knows the back roads and learn that way.  Driving on 76 with no traffic will be a few minutes faster, but 76 can easily turn a 15 minute trip into an hour trip.  The back way is always 20-25 minutes.

definately true.  i grew up in wynnewood (lower merion twp) so i sortof know the back roads (though we moved before i started driving)... also i have cousins around here who have promised to teach me the way.  the good news is that i can actually see the expressway from one of the windows in my apt, its kind of like my own personal traffic report.   at least i'm down here early enough that i can have it all figured out before school starts.

i heard a rumor that the parking situation was a little rough on campus, any truth to that?

tycom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2005, 12:00:41 PM »
Parking isn't too bad.  Depends on when you go to school.  I was always able to find a spot, but sometimes you have to take a few laps around the parking lot.  Never heard of anyone actually not finding a spot and having to go elsewhere.  Keep in mind the law school is up in the corner of campus and has its own parking lot, so you're only parking with other law students.  Parking on Villanova's undergrad campus seems like it would be a pain in the ass.

That's funny about seeing the expressway.  My friends told me the same thing.  They'd just look onto 76 to see if it was worth it.

funny1x2

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2005, 04:35:07 PM »

You shouldn't have a problem getting tickets...It was always a piece of cake for my friends and me while I was a student there  :)

soleil334

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 01:56:18 PM »
I have a question...where are good places to buy furniture (not Ikea)??

tycom

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005, 02:33:42 PM »
I really have no idea.  I still have the bed, dresser, table, etc...from undergrad.  I bought a couch for cheap from sears or something and brought it to school with everything else. The other poster who grew up in Wynewood would probably know better.