Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

LEEWS, Delaney's "How to Do Your Best on Law School Exams", or "Getting to Maybe"?

LEEWS
 5 (8.3%)
Delaney
 4 (6.7%)
"Getting to Maybe"
 8 (13.3%)
LEEWS + Delaney
 11 (18.3%)
LEEWS + "Getting to Maybe"
 6 (10%)
Delaney + "Getting to Maybe"
 1 (1.7%)
All three
 11 (18.3%)
None of them
 14 (23.3%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: LEEWS, Delaney, or "Getting to Maybe"?  (Read 5422 times)

BAFF213

LEEWS, Delaney, or "Getting to Maybe"?
« on: June 19, 2005, 06:50:41 PM »
I have already purchased Getting to Maybe.  I don't want to buy all three, so I'm wondering if I should buy LEEWS or Delaney's "How to Do Your Best on Law School Exams."  I think I'll post this on the Students and Graduates Board also.

ronin3782

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - matsuishir
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: LEEWS, Delaney, or "Getting to Maybe"?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 02:24:38 AM »
Wasn't a big fan of 'Getting to Maybe'
I will miss LA :-(

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 02:32:45 AM »
well PLS says that delaney and leews are the best and one should do both
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

alibami_z

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 11:25:51 AM »
Thank you for posting this thread.  I also want to know since I've heard good things about all three but wonder how different each is from the others.
Georgetown University Law Center
Class of 2008

Fabyahluss

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 12:42:43 PM »
Wasn't a big fan of 'Getting to Maybe'

Why?

abomb

• AOL Instant Messenger - smackxcp
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (Abomb's Legalease)
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 12:47:22 PM »

Well gee, if PLS says it, it must be true. I'm sure a lot of people are getting something out of PLS.. but those have got to be the most stuck up people, at least some of them. I'm about to start LS, and don't pretend to know any of the answers about whats the "best way" to do anything, at least not yet. But I work for a law firm, and i've spoken to a ton of attorneys, and here's the one thing I've learned:
There is no "one" best way to do it. The whole trick is figuring out what works best for you. Maybe the tips in some of these books will help you, maybe they'll not but help someone else. The problem with the PLS people is that they think that there is one way and one way only to prepare for and succeed in law school. That's complete bull.

Fabyahluss

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 01:12:48 PM »

Well gee, if PLS says it, it must be true. I'm sure a lot of people are getting something out of PLS.. but those have got to be the most stuck up people, at least some of them. I'm about to start LS, and don't pretend to know any of the answers about whats the "best way" to do anything, at least not yet. But I work for a law firm, and i've spoken to a ton of attorneys, and here's the one thing I've learned:
There is no "one" best way to do it. The whole trick is figuring out what works best for you. Maybe the tips in some of these books will help you, maybe they'll not but help someone else. The problem with the PLS people is that they think that there is one way and one way only to prepare for and succeed in law school. That's complete bull.

3Peat never said HE considered those books to be the best, but merely offerred the suggestions of a particular book. You assumed he found those books to be "the best and only way" to study for law school, and ran with it. Calm down.

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 04:59:26 PM »

see, this is why law schools use the lsat as a predictor of success. if you are prone to making a bunch of unwrranted assumptions the lsat will show it.  how can they teach law AND show you how not to be am assuming jackass?

XOXO HTH
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

BAFF213

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 11:12:14 AM »
Thank you for posting this thread.  I also want to know since I've heard good things about all three but wonder how different each is from the others.

No problem.

Well, it looks like I am either going to do "Getting to Maybe" or "Getting to Maybe + LEEWS...

alibami_z

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 01:00:48 PM »

No problem.

Well, it looks like I am either going to do "Getting to Maybe" or "Getting to Maybe + LEEWS...

Why?  What helped you make up your mind?
Georgetown University Law Center
Class of 2008