Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USF Evening Program  (Read 1362 times)

sfgirl15

• View Profile
USF Evening Program
« on: June 19, 2005, 04:27:11 PM »
hey everyone,

i've just recently been admitted off the waitlist into usf's evening program.  i originally applied to the day program, so i don't know much about the evening program.  is anyone else attending as well?

plumbert

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: USF Evening Program
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 03:57:20 PM »
Congratulations on getting off the waitlist!

I, too, will be attending USF in the evening. I'm not going to work my first semester, as per Alan Guerrero's advice, so I'm hoping I'll have plenty of time to get into the groove.

If you're set on full-time day, by the way, the school *seems* be very open to having p/t students switch over to f/t for second year, but I don't know that for certain.

ptforme

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 05:31:04 PM »

I, too, will be attending USF in the evening. I'm not going to work my first semester, as per Alan Guerrero's advice, so I'm hoping I'll have plenty of time to get into the groove.

If you're set on full-time day, by the way, the school *seems* be very open to having p/t students switch over to f/t for second year, but I don't know that for certain.

You have got to be kidding me.  The director of admissions said not to work first semester?!@! Then what is the point of going PT in the first place?  More debt over a longer time period?  Insane.  Glad I didn't pick the school on the hill.  What were his reasons?

vivaxixon

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 06:08:05 PM »
Hi and congrats in getting off the waitlist!

I will be attending the part-time program and working 3 days a week. I work in international development focused on legal and judicial reform and plan to get as much experience as possible before switching over to the full-time program (if possible). I think if you can swing not working financially - you're only going to be able to do better in class. Unfortunately, SF is a pricey place and I can't bring myself to let my fiance support the two of us for the whole law school stretch.

Hope to see you and plumbert soon!

plumbert

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 03:09:30 AM »
Hi and congrats in getting off the waitlist!

I will be attending the part-time program and working 3 days a week. I work in international development focused on legal and judicial reform and plan to get as much experience as possible before switching over to the full-time program (if possible). I think if you can swing not working financially - you're only going to be able to do better in class. Unfortunately, SF is a pricey place and I can't bring myself to let my fiance support the two of us for the whole law school stretch.

Hope to see you and plumbert soon!

My hunch is that USF evening division will be so small (around 50 people, right?) that we'll all get to know each other!

sfgirl15

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 12:18:43 PM »
thanks for all the congrats!  kudos to all of you for making it in as well.

i will also be working part time at the law firm i am currently working at.  i'm hoping it won't be too stressful.

yes i'm looking forward to meeting all of you part-timers in the fall.  hopefully it'll be a good time.  ;D

ptforme

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 12:25:05 PM »

You have got to be kidding me.  The director of admissions said not to work first semester?!@! Then what is the point of going PT in the first place?  More debt over a longer time period?  Insane.  Glad I didn't pick the school on the hill.  What were his reasons?

Anyone else get the "don't work" from Alan?

plumbert

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 02:51:36 PM »
^Is anyone else here a married 36-year old looking to ease his/her way back into school and only too willing to quit his/her current 50-hour a week job? If so, Alan *might* give you the same advice he gave me. Then again, he might not.

I don't understand why someone "glad" not to be coming to USF would bother to troll this thread.

liberty shark

• Sr. Citizen
  • awesome.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - libertyshark
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 02:59:07 PM »
it seems as though the USFers might have the strongest community on this board... dont mess.
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=libertyshark

They deal with morals as with mathematics;
and they think what is right may be
distinguished from what is wrong with the
precision of an algebraic equation.

-Daniel Webster

sfgirl15

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 03:08:45 PM »
I don't understand why someone "glad" not to be coming to USF would bother to troll this thread.

HAHAHAHA...my thoughts exactly...