Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What is everyones schedule?  (Read 1511 times)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: What is everyones schedule?
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2004, 11:19:35 AM »
I concur!  And I'm glad another female piped up first and said they played video games.  We're pretty rare, and when my b/f saw I had a PS2 when we first started dated, he almost said "i love you" right then and there.  Now, after a year, he's moved past "I love you" to "Can I borrow your PS2 for a couple nights?"  :D

I could not agree with you more. I am playing Everquest, and I am jut doing easy leveling as well. I have no idea how some people can take full tests back to back. If I studied this for 4like 8 hours I would start getting tired and probably get frustrated when I started getting more and more wrong. I think there is a happy medium somewhere, but this is just me. Maybe some people can handle constant LSAT without going insane. But, me... ill stick to half hour to an hour stints with my video games :p

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2004, 11:37:49 AM »
Haha Jacy... that is too true... My boyfriend was the same way when he came into my room and saw my PS2, X Box, and my gaming computer... At first I felt a little bad owning him in the games we would play together, but that wore off really quick hehe.. It is nice to be able to keep him on his toes :p

It is definately a comfort to find another women who play video games and who is trying to pursue law. I never really thought I would find that combo. It is nice to meet you and I wish you well on your LSAT on Monday :)
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2004, 12:28:29 PM »
You too!  Yup, I think we're definitely in the minority.  It sounds like you play a lot more than I do, I mainly stick to rpgs and such.  My bf loves to kill and shoot things.  I was into those in college, and was one of the few girls that would get into my dorm floor's halflife marathons.  I'd play more and different stuff, but that whole school thing, and now that whole work thing tends to get in the way.  I also imagine that during law school, the boyfriend will get much more use out of my ps than I will!

And good luck on Monday as well!  I can't wait till this is all overwith!

M2

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2004, 12:29:56 PM »
I love both of you video game playing women   :)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2004, 12:30:34 PM »

So basically your study method is just taking preptests or do you study those Princeton Review/Kaplan books for methods?

I used to Powerscore LG bible, and I did go through both the Kaplan and PR Review basic LSAT books.  They were so-so on LR, but sucked big time on games (hence the purchase of the bible)  I also did the Powerscore weekend class, and the materials came with a chunck of homework to do after the class, and I've been working on that.  Mainly though, the focus of my studying has been the tests.

$ones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2004, 12:32:20 PM »
I write 2 full timed lsats a day (well actually not really full since each preptest has only 4 sections). I do my first one at 1 pm and my second one usually around 10 pm or so...

M2

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2004, 12:33:04 PM »
I write 2 full timed lsats a day (well actually not really full since each preptest has only 4 sections). I do my first one at 1 pm and my second one usually around 10 pm or so...

That is insane... I am beat after one test.
At least your stamina must be pretty high by now.

$ones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2004, 12:36:23 PM »
Stamina is good enough now that I can write the 4 sections straight in each preptest... The multiple tests are not too demanding I guess since I have a 5-6 hour break inbetween tests

nathanielmark

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2004, 12:40:56 PM »
have you guys blinded yourselves to the ordering of sections during practice?  I know i havent, so this will be one change for me when i dont know what to expect for each section until i turn the page...

M2

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2004, 12:42:30 PM »
have you guys blinded yourselves to the ordering of sections during practice?  I know i havent, so this will be one change for me when i dont know what to expect for each section until i turn the page...

Yes I have...but I think most of the tests that come separately are always in the same order!
Has anyone else noticed this?

Maybe im crazy, but I think the LG section has been first for all the individual tests I have.