Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What is everyones schedule?  (Read 1503 times)

Victor

What is everyones schedule?
« on: June 10, 2004, 12:54:19 AM »
I think someone posted their everday schedule not to long ago. Is watching TV part of everyones daily routine? or do people just prep 7-8 hrs a day? I heard some people study 7-8 hrs a day but I think thats quixotic because one can easily run out of preptests like that.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: What is everyones schedule?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 08:30:37 AM »
I for one never study for a whole day.  It's not really an option for me anyway, since I work full time.  I always take breaks to either play video games or watch tv or go for a walk, or something.  It keeps me focused even though I'm doing lsat day after day after day.

Today, for example, I took off of work.  I plan on working though an lsat this morning in timed sections, watching some tv (I'm sure I can Law and Order on *somewhere* :)) and then later this afternoon doing a full, timed prep test.

Victor

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 08:49:31 AM »
I for one never study for a whole day.  It's not really an option for me anyway, since I work full time.  I always take breaks to either play video games or watch tv or go for a walk, or something.  It keeps me focused even though I'm doing lsat day after day after day.

Today, for example, I took off of work.  I plan on working though an lsat this morning in timed sections, watching some tv (I'm sure I can Law and Order on *somewhere* :)) and then later this afternoon doing a full, timed prep test.

are you male or female?

I dont know how some of you can play videogames. I would think it would be a major distraction.

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 08:59:49 AM »
I am a female and I play videogames for a little while each weekend to give me something to kill some of the stress this test is putting on me.

I work 9 to 5. I also have summer classes for my masters on Tuesday and Thursday night. I took off of school tonight though so that I can run through a timed test. I want to take a timed test every night until the test. Class makes it rough because I work all day go to school until about 9:30 and then I am too tired to really focus through an entire test.

I could never study 8 hours a day, i dont have the luxury of having that much time off...
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

Victor

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 09:05:54 AM »
I am a female and I play videogames for a little while each weekend to give me something to kill some of the stress this test is putting on me.

I work 9 to 5. I also have summer classes for my masters on Tuesday and Thursday night. I took off of school tonight though so that I can run through a timed test. I want to take a timed test every night until the test. Class makes it rough because I work all day go to school until about 9:30 and then I am too tired to really focus through an entire test.

I could never study 8 hours a day, i dont have the luxury of having that much time off...

I guess some people can pull it off. Videogames and studying just doesnt commingle with me.

How long have you been prepping?

M2

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 09:32:17 AM »
Video Games are an essential part of my study routine :P

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 11:06:06 AM »
I have been prepping for about 3 months. I think it is essential to add some down time into rigorous study. If not, I would go mad.

And yes... video games are essential :p

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 11:11:02 AM »
I'm also a girl, and yes, I do play videogames.  It's not a huge distraction for me, since I'm playing FFX2, and doing stupid level building *&^% at the end.  So it's just mindless enough for me to detox after lsat stuff, but not driving enough that I can't put it down.

And studying for the lsat, I've found, is NOT like studying for anything else.  I really don't think it's possible to stay sharp and continue building on skills after 4 or so hours with out some sort of break.  If you do 800 LR questions for the day, you're brain will lose focus, and stop being sharp enough to look for subtle wording that can clue you into answers, or connections here and there, and the last 400 you do will be a waste of time.  aT least that's basically what my experience has boiled down to.

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 11:16:19 AM »
I could not agree with you more. I am playing Everquest, and I am jut doing easy leveling as well. I have no idea how some people can take full tests back to back. If I studied this for 4like 8 hours I would start getting tired and probably get frustrated when I started getting more and more wrong. I think there is a happy medium somewhere, but this is just me. Maybe some people can handle constant LSAT without going insane. But, me... ill stick to half hour to an hour stints with my video games :p

Victor

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2004, 11:18:27 AM »
I'm also a girl, and yes, I do play videogames.  It's not a huge distraction for me, since I'm playing FFX2, and doing stupid level building *&^% at the end.  So it's just mindless enough for me to detox after lsat stuff, but not driving enough that I can't put it down.

And studying for the lsat, I've found, is NOT like studying for anything else.  I really don't think it's possible to stay sharp and continue building on skills after 4 or so hours with out some sort of break.  If you do 800 LR questions for the day, you're brain will lose focus, and stop being sharp enough to look for subtle wording that can clue you into answers, or connections here and there, and the last 400 you do will be a waste of time.  aT least that's basically what my experience has boiled down to.

So basically your study method is just taking preptests or do you study those Princeton Review/Kaplan books for methods?