Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hastings Bound  (Read 11730 times)

Grubesac

• View Profile
Re: Hastings Bound
« Reply #100 on: August 08, 2005, 04:38:05 AM »
Hey Everybody  ;D (Hey Dr. Nick. . .)
How is everybody doing now that we're getting down to the wire? I'm moving into the Tower on Friday. I'm so excited. Grubes, are you already moved in? How was your trip out to California? Good luck to everybody with all of your moves and last minute arrangements! We're almost there :
Talk to you later,
Oscar

I'm all moved and settled in. It was a good time. I spent the last few days with my girlfriend exploring the city. I've never been here before so I was pretty impressed/overwhelmed/etc. I was really surprised at my neighborhood...I know, I've heard about it all, but it is sketch central and reminded me of the seedy area I stayed in while I was in Amsterdam right near the red light district.

Class sections? Web advisor? I suppose you all have email too.....Hmmmmm, I wonder where I got lost.....I'll get it figured out. Not to worry.

OscarD

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2005, 02:00:01 PM »
Grubes, (and everyone else in SF right now. . .Melinda you out here?)

I'm settled in to San Francisco and all moved into my apartment in the Tower. Anyone want to get together and hit up some bars? Not that I know where any are but perhaps others out there do.

I'm really feeling good about Hastings right now. Have had an opportunity to meet some of my fellow students through the LEOP Orientation and they all impress me with their intelligence, ambition, and spirit. I think this is going to be a fantastic place to recieve a legal education.

So anyone who is around come by apt 709 and say Hi. Or I'll see you at general Orientation once that starts. Later future colleagues.
--Oscar

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 08, 2005, 02:19:08 PM »
I am moving in on Saturday.  Anyone up for hanging out the night before orientation?  Maybe the SF locals could show us a cool bar.  It would obviously be an early night for me though.  Do we get our reading assignments at orientation?

OscarD

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: August 08, 2005, 07:45:59 PM »
 I just signed on to Web Advisor (if you're wondering how, just go to "Current Students"--"Web Advisor"--then follow instructions on resetting your password--and then access "Class Schedules") (If you're in the tower and wondering how in the heck you even get online, as I was, the username is "firstyear" and the password is "tower", this is just till we get our permanent access codes at orientation) Anyhow, I'm in Section #4.  :D Woop Woop

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2005, 09:15:36 PM »
hey oscar - fellow section 4 classmate - did you check out the class assignments yet??? We need to read a whole book! Anyone in the tower know if we can get our books this week?

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 08, 2005, 09:17:22 PM »
hey oscar - fellow section 4 classmate - did you check out the class assignments yet??? We need to read a whole book! Anyone in the tower know if we can get our books this week?

Hey I want to be in your section!  I met Oscar at the OC alumni thing and he is a lot of fun.  Where did you find the class assignments??  Have you gotten your books yet?  The anxiety level is on the rise...

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 08, 2005, 09:56:41 PM »
Class assignments are on the website under student section. Our civ pro prof assigned a book about some coal mining disaster to be read by the first day of class. I'm hoping I can get my books this week to get an early start on that one. Yeah - you could say my anxiety levels jumped when I saw that. Plus out contracts professor assigned us what looks to be a lot of reading for the first day. Welcome to law school!

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2005, 03:00:27 AM »
I have some work assigned in Torts, and I assume more is to follow.  Also the legal research and writing class has been added to my schedule since the last time I checked.  Now I am going to be at school until 6:30 on Wednesday as well.

Ambs, did you preorder your books?  I know I can get them cheaper on the internet, but may not be able to get them to me in time. 

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2005, 12:55:50 PM »
Yeah I preordered and said I'd take used books if possible. I called today and they said they should be available tomorrow to pick up.

tjordan90

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.44 / 164
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tjordan90
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2005, 09:10:55 PM »
Wow, just checked my schedule... very exciting.  J28, I too am in Section 5.  Schedule looks pretty good -- only one class on Friday, although its at 9:40am.  But, hey, that just means that my weekend begins at 10:30am...

Curiously, is everybody else enrolled for 5 classes/15 credits this first semester, or does that too vary by section? 
Attending UC Hastings in the fall.