Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hastings Bound  (Read 11292 times)

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Hastings Bound
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2005, 12:28:32 PM »
Crazy that its just a week (and a few days) away. I actually cracked open one of the E&E's yesterday that have been gathering dust on my desk since I bought them. Feel completely unprepared!

akito117

• "Do you want some sandwiches?"
    • AOL Instant Messenger - akito117
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2005, 02:31:38 PM »
Totally hear ya on that Ambs!   :'(
Attending:  UC Hastings

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2005, 12:55:12 PM »
Section assignments are up on the website - look under webadvisor. What section did you get? I'm in 4. Schedule kind of sucks from as far as I can tell (classes are those with either 14 or 44), 9:40 every day!

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2005, 02:29:46 PM »
Section assignments are up on the website - look under webadvisor. What section did you get? I'm in 4. Schedule kind of sucks from as far as I can tell (classes are those with either 14 or 44), 9:40 every day!

My new name is: 1L Section 3
I start at 10:40 every day (except 11:40 on Monday).  Am I really self disciplined enough to study before school?  I have always prefered to take morning classes b/c it forces me to get up early.  My professors seem interesting.  I met one at ASD.  I am bummed I am not in your section Amber.  How do you think they choose sections?  Totally random or do you think they try to make them equally balanced numbers wise?

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2005, 02:56:20 PM »
I just looked up my Prof's on ratemyprofessor.com.  My CivPro prof. was refered to as a "socratic fiend"   :( 

I am hoping it is really not that bad, but it definately makes me nervous. 

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2005, 06:03:01 AM »
I'm in section 1.

My schedule is a little weird, 9:40 on Tuesday and Thursday, 10:40 on Monday and 12:40 on Wednesday and 12:40 on Friday -- if I read it correctly. I will be in class until 6:30 on Wednesday.

When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2005, 01:49:17 PM »
At first I was a little bummed about getting the one section with the early class EVERY day, but I think its ultimately going to be good for me to get my butt there in the morning and have some time after to study. Too bad we're all in different sections :-(

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2005, 03:23:21 PM »
At first I was a little bummed about getting the one section with the early class EVERY day, but I think its ultimately going to be good for me to get my butt there in the morning and have some time after to study. Too bad we're all in different sections :-(

I am bummed we are not together as well.  I guess we will have to make new friends (enemies?).

For those who live in SF... What will you be doing about gyms?  I can upgrade my 24 hour fitness membership so I can use the location that is not too far from my new apartment, which is probably what I will end up doing.  I am just hoping it is a nice gym. 

I saw there are a bunch of Club One's in the area.  I was a member at a Frog's Club One all during UG b/c there was one on campus and we got student rates.  It was the nicest gym I have ever been too, and SO much better than 24.  Every cardio machine had private cable TV and CD players, which made me not even realize I was torturing myself.  Anyone tried it up there?

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2005, 03:53:19 PM »
I have a membership to Crunch/Pinnacle/Gorilla, which is decent - probably a step up from 24 hour, but below Club One. The Club One's here are definitely supposed to be nice and expensive. They offered a deal in my old building for something like $79/month. My crunch membership is $50 or so a month. There's a Crunch on VanNess just a few blocks from Hastings, and a Gorilla by my house.

J28calblue

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2005, 04:20:13 PM »
Hey everyone! Crazy how it starts so soon! I think I am going with Club one its the closest to me and we get 15% off being Hastings student so thats cool! I tried it out for a week and its great! They even have free fruit lol It is steep tho but you do get access to all 7 SF  locations! I am in Section 5 It doesn't seem too bad...I wonder how they do choose who is in what section. Good luck! Enjoy the last few days ahhh! = )