Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hastings Bound  (Read 11678 times)

Masticatrix

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Hastings Bound
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2005, 12:34:27 PM »
Well, I think I've shown up late to the party, but I'm headed to Hastings as well.  We just signed our lease on Sunday, and while I'm ashamed to admit how much money I'll be blowing on housing, it's also really exciting.

However, what's this about a tuition statement?  Did you all recieve something other than the orientation information?  In retrospect, I guess it *does* seem a little odd that Hastings didn't seem to be concerned with me actually paying for school...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in a couple of weeks!
Attending: Hastings

TigerLoo

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2005, 12:53:59 PM »
Mastics --

Call Hastings TODAY about the $$$ I was in the admissions office yesterday and they said something about dropping people who didn't respond to fiscal. That was all I overheard, so I don't know exactly what it means, but if I were you I'd check it out.
If they sent you something and you just moved -- maybe it got lost in the mail?
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2005, 12:56:43 PM »
Well, I think I've shown up late to the party, but I'm headed to Hastings as well. We just signed our lease on Sunday, and while I'm ashamed to admit how much money I'll be blowing on housing, it's also really exciting.

However, what's this about a tuition statement? Did you all recieve something other than the orientation information? In retrospect, I guess it *does* seem a little odd that Hastings didn't seem to be concerned with me actually paying for school...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in a couple of weeks!

Glad to have you aboard.  Where is your new place and how did you find it?  I am going to look at places this weekend and will be blowing all kinds of money on a 1 bedroom.  I am on a WL and considering living in one of the temporary living hotel places that has meals, internet, kitchens, ect for a couple weeks.  That way I can prevent moving my things all the way up then back if I get off the WL.  

I just sent off the hefty tuition check.  It was heartbreaking.  I still need to get my transcripts sent (doing that today), apply for residency, collect my medical records and send them, and a bunch of other little hoops I have been putting off.  I just want to be hanging out at the beach *sigh*

Masticatrix

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2005, 02:21:38 PM »
Mastics --

Call Hastings TODAY about the $$$ I was in the admissions office yesterday and they said something about dropping people who didn't respond to fiscal. That was all I overheard, so I don't know exactly what it means, but if I were you I'd check it out.
If they sent you something and you just moved -- maybe it got lost in the mail?

I just called, and apparently my tuition statement with $15,000+ worth of master promissary notes is floating around somewhere between San Jose and Chicago.  And yeah, I seem to have missed the set-in-stone "pay up" date.  But hey, surely my dazzling smile and jaw-dropping good looks are enough to convince the fiscal services office to let me slide by.  I am pretty stressed right now, but I think it will be resolved.  Thanks for the heads up, DB, because I would have been *&^% out of luck had I not contacted the office today.

Melinda- my bofyriend and I found a one-bedroom in the lower Haight on Craigslist (well, technically, I'm not sure if it's lower Haight or USF/Panhandle, but I do know it's a straight shot down McAllister to school).  We had a really hard time finding a place that worked for two people, but a lot of the apartments I saw would have been perfect for one person alone (and were in the $1000-1300 price range).  Good luck figuring out your living situation- I know what a pain in the ass it can be.
Attending: Hastings

TigerLoo

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2005, 02:49:09 PM »
Hey Mastic, I'm really glad you called -- I just happened to overhear this guy in admissions talking to the dean and although I didn't get most of the details it didn't sound good. But I'm glad you're going to work everything out  :)
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2005, 07:15:57 PM »
Ya my boyfriend and I were looking at 2 bedrooms, but he just got into school and is staying here now.  Hes also getting a full ride so we can't turn them down.  It is going to be a lot more expensive living on my own, but I can't picture getting a roomate after 5 years on my own.   I will be in SF this weekend looking, anybody want to hang out?

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2005, 10:01:45 PM »
Wish I could Melinda but I will be gone this weekend. Let me know when you're settled, maybe we can meet up for dinner.
And I'm sorry to hear about your logistical dilemmas. Hope things work out as you want them to.

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2005, 01:27:18 PM »
Ok guys I need some advice.  I found 2 really cute (and expensive) apartments after lots of looking.  One is in Nob Hill, and the other in North Beach.  The Nob Hill one is close enough I could walk to school, and there is a bus for the rainy days.  It is also far enough away from school to be in a cute area of Nob Hill.  The other one is in North Beach very close to Columbus with all the cool shops, restaurants, ect.  It has a nice view.  They are the same relative size/price.  Any opinions?

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2005, 09:09:18 PM »
Both could be fun - north beach could get old after awhile (its a pretty touristy area), but I had a friend who lived there and loved it. Both are very close to downtown and accesible by public transportation. Hmm, hard call.

OscarD

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2005, 07:24:36 PM »
Hey Everybody  ;D (Hey Dr. Nick. . .)
How is everybody doing now that we're getting down to the wire? I'm moving into the Tower on Friday. I'm so excited. Grubes, are you already moved in? How was your trip out to California? Good luck to everybody with all of your moves and last minute arrangements! We're almost there :
Talk to you later,
Oscar