Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hastings Bound  (Read 11717 times)

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Hastings Bound
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2005, 12:25:35 PM »
I was admitted late, so I only recently sent my supplemental info in. I've spoken with the financial aid office several times, as I'm worried about my money coming in late, but they seem to think its no big deal. They said they have a stack of people left to package, so I know I'm not the only one in this situation!

akito117

• "Do you want some sandwiches?"
    • AOL Instant Messenger - akito117
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2005, 01:41:23 PM »
Hey Oscar,

I'm originally from Rowland Heights (a small town off the 60 freeway).  Orange County is actually just a hill over from me- take Harbor Blvd all the way down (it becomes Fullerton Road) and it takes you directly into my town.   :)

As for the alumni reception- its the one in Beverly Hills right?  Unfortunately, I will not be attending- all my mail is sent home and I only go home once in a while so I missed the RSVP date for it. 

As for financial aid, I've emailed the Financial Aid counselor Dewayne a couple of times and he has been helpful and returned my emails usually the same day.  I was lazy and didn't pay attention to the notices until I received my "final notice".  But as soon I did the two requirements my loans were processed in 2 days.  So they do process pretty fast!

I still need to find out about my Perkins loans though... ???
Attending:  UC Hastings

OscarD

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2005, 07:15:16 PM »
Yo Akito  ;D I know exactly where Rowland Heights is. One of my best friends since high school lives in Rowland Heights, right off of Pathfinder. That's cool to hear that another local is Hastings bound  ;) I heard about the reception in Beverly Hills but I never got invited to it (I think it was just for new students in L.A. County) I only received an invitation to the reception here in Orange County. It's July 28th in Costa Mesa. The deadline to RSVP is July 20th--maybe you could go to this one since you missed the L.A. one. Where did you do your undergrad? 
--Oscar

akito117

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2005, 07:23:42 PM »
Hey Oscar,

Awesome!  Funny, Pathfinder is just right up the street from me!   :)
I will be up in the Bay Area by the time of the Orange County one.  However, today I did receive an email invite for the reception in BH- so I'm guessing they are extending the RSVP date.  Hmmm...should I go?  ???  I did my undergrad at UCLA.  How bout you?

OscarD

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2005, 01:37:29 AM »
Right on Akito, representing for Rowland Heights, lol. I went to school at Chapman University. I used to spend a lot of time up at UCLA though. My fraternity had a chapter up there and I knew a lot of friends from high school that were at UCLA, plus you can't beat Westwood. It's so cool to know another local that will be up at Hastings. Are you living in the tower?

akito117

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2005, 03:05:36 AM »
Haha...I think its cool you know where Rowland Heights is lol  ;D (I have to explain to people most of the time its geographic location)
Wow, Chapman is kind of far from UCLA!  Chapman's law school is so beautiful!  I took my LSAT there and was really impressed by their facilities.  But I gotta agree with you that Westwood is pretty awesome.  I'm excited to know another local as well!  Nope, I won't be living at the tower- I'll be commuting from the East Bay.

Grubesac

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2005, 11:34:11 AM »
Hey Oscar, do you lift? I could use a lifting buddy. I think it would be a good way to spend some sort of social time with people. I've been thinking about hitting the gym in the mornings before class. What do you think?

akito117

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2005, 04:17:17 PM »
Hey Everybody,

Did you guys get a big packet from Fiscal Services with our tuition bill in it?  I just called that dept. and they said that it went out July 1 and I still haven't gotten mine yet.  A bit worried.  *sigh*  :-\

P.S.  Is this by any chance the $32,000 packet that you guys mentioned in earlier posts?

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2005, 04:27:44 PM »
Yeah - I got it last week. It has our invoice, and some information about recieving financial aid when it comes in.

akito117

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2005, 04:30:17 PM »
Thanks for letting me know Ambs!  Alrighty, I hope they'll send me a duplicate.