Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Not Great Credit but didn't need a co-signer  (Read 2038 times)

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
Re: Not Great Credit but didn't need a co-signer
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2005, 08:14:29 PM »
I also have no cosigner.
I am employing the risky strategy of trying to improve my credit enough by the middle-to-end of August to get a private loan.
Question: Will it be impossible to get a loan after I quit my job?
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 09:33:29 AM »
Is it harder to get a good rate if you apply for a loan late in the game? I just applied yesterday and was approved, but I thought the interest rate was kind of crappy, and my credit is actually good. That would explain the somewhat high rate.
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

la-man

• Sr. Citizen
  • I need some gel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 06:00:55 PM »
i applied yesterday as well. i got Prime + .375 from Citibank. That is the best rate they offer for UCLA (at least thats what they said). My credit is decent so wondering what kind of rate did you lock in?
UCLA 1L.

be10dwn

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2005, 09:44:39 AM »
Thanks for the encouragement pluto.
I think the paying down the debt ASAP will be the best way to improve my score. Of course to do that I need $$.
Starting next week I'm going to go the flea market and just start selling off anything I don't need to raise some bucks.
Yes, the private loan money will help me pay silly little things like rent or food.

What I did was make regular payments on my cards of course, then every year I get a fat tax refund and use it to pay my highest interest rate card off first, then work my way down the list.  If I don't owe muich or any on my credit cards, I'll pay things like my car insurance for the entire period of coverage, usually six month.  It makes life a lot simpler and you didn't miss that money in the first place.  There was one point about a year ago that I owed nothing except a cell phone.  Another thing you can do is once you pay off a card completely, use that money you were paying on it and add it to another payment you are making on another card.  It goes along with the whole you weren't missing the money anyways and you'll probably just spend it on junk anyways.