Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: thats it..i'm done!  (Read 1422 times)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: thats it..i'm done!
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2004, 12:33:35 AM »
The same thing happened to me with regards to LR.  For a few tests after my PS weekend course, I was rocking them, missing only 3-4, per section.  Then I think I started getting lazy.  I didn't realize this at the time, I only felt frustrated and sick when my scores started going down.  When I got 9 wrong on an LR section, I completely felt like I was going to cry.  I put the test away and watched tv for a few hours.  The next day, I didn't do any LR.  I did a RC section and some games, adn I reread through my PS notes and book for LR strategy.  Today, I missed 6 total on LR.  So I'm back where I need to be.  The combination of the break to calm down feelings of frustartion and anxiety, coupled with the fact that I realized I was getting lazy in applying "tests" to discern the right answer and not looking for subtle wording differences all helped pull me back where I need to be.

Now let's just hope I keep stay this calm and collected through the next 2 days of practice/3 prep exams until the real deal Monday.  :)

Victor

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2004, 12:45:39 AM »
The same thing happened to me with regards to LR.  For a few tests after my PS weekend course, I was rocking them, missing only 3-4, per section.  Then I think I started getting lazy.  I didn't realize this at the time, I only felt frustrated and sick when my scores started going down.  When I got 9 wrong on an LR section, I completely felt like I was going to cry.  I put the test away and watched tv for a few hours.  The next day, I didn't do any LR.  I did a RC section and some games, adn I reread through my PS notes and book for LR strategy.  Today, I missed 6 total on LR.  So I'm back where I need to be.  The combination of the break to calm down feelings of frustartion and anxiety, coupled with the fact that I realized I was getting lazy in applying "tests" to discern the right answer and not looking for subtle wording differences all helped pull me back where I need to be.

Now let's just hope I keep stay this calm and collected through the next 2 days of practice/3 prep exams until the real deal Monday.  :)

do you still watch TV now?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2004, 08:36:40 AM »
If I feel I need a break, yes.  Once I get frustrated, there's not much I can do that's productive.  I'm much better off using the time to calm down and chill out then I would be trying to continue to work

pross1492

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2004, 10:33:04 AM »
thanks for the posts.  i think i may need to go through a section or two untimed and get back to basics.  really focus on where the assumptions are, dig out the most imortant modifiers, and not move on until i am positive of the correct answer and why it is correct.  i think i've been so conscious of trying to finish the section (i am a very slow reader and usually dont finish any of the sections.  boo hoo.) and as a result i am going too fast and losing focus.  i guess i just need to slow down (even slower) and regain the concentration i had when i started this process.