Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted off UofA waitlist... now what do I do??  (Read 4409 times)

geni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Accepted off UofA waitlist... now what do I do??
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2005, 12:41:01 PM »
You can only lead a horse to water. Good luck.

So, does that mean you are unwilling to tell me where you got your numbers???  If you can't offer sources, you've hardly led me to water... you've only described the water!

EDIT:
Lol, nice edit on your part... but, what happened to your statement that:

I don't look at USNWR, what a waste of time... 

Sorry, I don't have the premium edition of usnews, because I truly don't value it's information the way you apparently do!

AZWildcat

• Sr. Citizen
  • What LS in San Diego looks like..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2005, 01:19:57 PM »
You can only lead a horse to water. Good luck.

So, does that mean you are unwilling to tell me where you got your numbers???  If you can't offer sources, you've hardly led me to water... you've only described the water!

EDIT:
Lol, nice edit on your part... but, what happened to your statement that:

I don't look at USNWR, what a waste of time... 

Sorry, I don't have the premium edition of usnews, because I truly don't value it's information the way you apparently do!

You just are not very bright.  Not trusting USNWR referred to the SUBJECTIVE RANKINGS.  Looking at USNWR bar passage rates, employment stats, LSAT means, etc are simply reports of school published numbers-- no ambiguity.  I'm shocked that I have to explain this to you as though you're a 6 year old.
USD 2L

geni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2005, 01:28:15 PM »
Look, there is no need to be insulting.  I am certainly not a 6 year old, nor do I need you to talk down to me. 

I was merely pointing out that you had previously stated that you "don't look at USNWR" because I was surprised that your source was USNWR.  Apparently you DO look at it - and even purchased the premium edition.

My sources were the schools themselves.  If using a primary source instead of a secondary source is "not very bright", then I guess you got me.  ::)

AZWildcat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2005, 04:10:00 PM »
Look, there is no need to be insulting.  I am certainly not a 6 year old, nor do I need you to talk down to me. 

I was merely pointing out that you had previously stated that you "don't look at USNWR" because I was surprised that your source was USNWR.  Apparently you DO look at it - and even purchased the premium edition.

My sources were the schools themselves.  If using a primary source instead of a secondary source is "not very bright", then I guess you got me.  ::)

You do need to be spoken to in such a manner because, much like children, you do not get it.  Your "points" are childish, so my response is written in turn.  I tried to help you with good, informative information, but you chose to attack me with your "you're just biased against ASU" BS position.  Smart people listen and evaluate-- you simply get defensive.

First off, the schools do not report the bar scores, the state bar does!  Getting information from the schools is second hand, but it's not like that matters-- the schools and USNWR burdened with the chore of correctly transcribe three digits and a decimal point. 

I purchased the USNWR premium edition, and I was even able to eat later that night.  While I do not believe the rankings have much to do with anything, they have a wealth of good, easily accessible information. 

For you, I would recommend ASU; you'll have a better chance of staying in school.
USD 2L

Jiffy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2005, 05:05:04 PM »
Show of hands from everyone attending U of A that hopes AZWildcat chooses USD.  I understand school pride.  I understand hard numbers.  I do not understand asshattedness.

AZWildcat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2005, 06:17:23 PM »
Show of hands from everyone attending U of A that hopes AZWildcat chooses USD.  I understand school pride.  I understand hard numbers.  I do not understand asshattedness.

Would you like a tissue?
USD 2L

Jiffy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2005, 06:37:47 PM »
Why would I need a tissue?   I don't get your attitude.  You made your point.  Someone chose to disagree with you.  Big deal.  Move on.  I don't understand why you care what someone else thinks or does.

Best wishes in law school.  I'm sure you will do well  ;)

windwalker

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2005, 07:02:38 PM »
Geni,

The decision between UofA and ASU is not an easy one because the differences are small.  I went through the same list of variables, and at the end, there were positives in both schools.  Each decision is personal and should be tailored to YOUR needs rather than looking at an expansive list.

First point to consider: The most excellent student will be successful in either school.  The extremely unprepared student will sink in either school.  The differences between schools will most probably be noticed by the people in the middle.  

Second point to consider:  No matter what school you pick, you will have to study in large doses to get to the point where YOU make the decision on what you will do after law school. (rather than leaving it to the winds of chance and blind luck).

Third point to consider:  If still unsure or in the fence, choose the decision of least regret.  You do not want to go through law school thinking..."I should have been somewhere else."  That is terrible for the psyche and you don't need that.  Pick three things you like about your choice, memorize them and move on.  You should feel good about where you are.

AZWildcat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2005, 07:08:06 PM »
Why would I need a tissue?   I don't get your attitude.  You made your point.  Someone chose to disagree with you.  Big deal.  Move on.  I don't understand why you care what someone else thinks or does.

Best wishes in law school.  I'm sure you will do well  ;)

Thanks kid, me too. :)
USD 2L

AZWildcat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2005, 07:08:57 PM »
Geni,

The decision between UofA and ASU is not an easy one because the differences are small.  I went through the same list of variables, and at the end, there were positives in both schools.  Each decision is personal and should be tailored to YOUR needs rather than looking at an expansive list.

First point to consider: The most excellent student will be successful in either school.  The extremely unprepared student will sink in either school.  The differences between schools will most probably be noticed by the people in the middle.  

Second point to consider:  No matter what school you pick, you will have to study in large doses to get to the point where YOU make the decision on what you will do after law school. (rather than leaving it to the winds of chance and blind luck).

Third point to consider:  If still unsure or in the fence, choose the decision of least regret.  You do not want to go through law school thinking..."I should have been somewhere else."  That is terrible for the psyche and you don't need that.  Pick three things you like about your choice, memorize them and move on.  You should feel good about where you are.

Good post.
USD 2L