Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Michigan Continued Interest Inquiry from the Dean  (Read 1336 times)

samsender78

• View Profile
Re: Michigan Continued Interest Inquiry from the Dean
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2005, 03:14:14 PM »
Received the same email.

Very mildly interested in staying on the list.

Currently headed to NYU.

3.73/174

jblawguy

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2005, 03:48:47 PM »
Apparently everyone on the wait list got this email or will get it soon. From the web site:

"Our second deposit deadline has passed. We will be contacting all waitlisted applicants within the week with a status update.

We appreciate your patience and your continued interest during this anxious time. We have done our best to prepare a comprehensive list of Frequently Asked Questions that we hope will dispel some of your uncertainty about the waitlist process and will adequately explain how our selection process works. If you have any questions or concerns not addressed in the FAQs, please feel free to send us an e-mail at law.jd.admissions@umich.edu or to call our office at 734.764.0537."

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2005, 04:22:49 PM »
I received it as well.

J D

• Sr. Citizen
  • Lust isn't one of the 7 Deadly Sins for nothing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2005, 04:25:12 PM »
Ditto.  But I think I will just thank them and then withdraw.  I'm too busy getting ready for Boston right now (I already applied for all my loans; backing out now would probably be a major hassle).  Besides, I'm very happy with the school I am going to, and with the prospect of living in Boston for at least the next three years.  (And that scholarship money is just too good to turn down!)
"I never think of the future.  It comes soon enough."--Albert Einstein

lyrarain

• This is a nutria!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2005, 05:07:55 PM »
I think it's very nice that they send such solicitous email to the whole waitlist. I will give myself a day to think and then probably say no thanks. I just wish NYU would adopt more of Michigan's attitude and not be such tools to their waiting listees.
3.52 164|cancel|173
Attending: UVA

skreety

• 165/3.9x
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2005, 03:17:51 PM »
Got it and asked to be kept on until mid-July. I'm not sure I'd turn down UCLA for Michigan though at this point.
Accepted: UCLA*, GW, UW
WL: GULC, Mich., UVa, Harvard