Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any future Boston College 1Ls want to chat?  (Read 2382 times)

eee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Any future Boston College 1Ls want to chat?
« on: June 09, 2004, 05:02:07 PM »
are there any people who are going to be a 1L who want to chat?

moxygal

• Place Personal Text Here
    • View Profile
Re: Any future Boston College 1Ls want to chat?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 07:29:29 PM »
ME!!!  ;D

eee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 01:22:36 AM »
nice! are you living in boston now? im out on the west coast (san fran) for the year... but im counting down the days till im back in boston!

moxygal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 07:32:08 PM »
Hi! Sorry it's taken me a few days to respond. I live in upstate NY. I'm so excited to move to Boston- it's such a great city. Hopefully we'll get to see some of it despite all the work we'll have :-)

eee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 07:46:07 PM »
im sure you will... one of the reasons i chose bc over other schools was that the students seemed to realize the importance of getting out of the library every once in a while. i definitely felt like id enjoy being at school (as opposed to some of the other schools i looked at where everyone seemed depressed as hell!)

moxygal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004, 05:31:04 PM »
Yeah i think you're right! i noticed on the other post that you said you're living right near the washington st stop on the t. im not sure where that is, but i know my apt has a t stop right in front of it (don't know which one it is though), so ill be taking the t/shuttle route as well. my apt is 5 or 6 stops away from the main campus. i don't think the commute will be that bad. i don't have a choice about not having a car anyways! anyways- are you reading or doing anything to prep before orientation? i kinda wish it was sooner than aug 31st- and is it only one day?

eee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 05:11:25 PM »
yeah, it sounds like you are pretty close to me... about 5 or 6 stops from bc.  im still planning on driving to school, though... i dont mind taking the t but i dont really want to have to deal with the shuttle. also, itd be nice to take a study break at the gym in the middle of the day so with a car i can at least make my own schedule. im assuming you are pretty close to comm ave (since all of the t stops near bc are on that street) so feel free to grab a ride with me... especially on those days when its sleet and freezing rain outside :)

as far as reading and all that good stuff... ive been reading a bunch of those "law school is going to kick your ass" books just to get an idea of what to expect. i certainly wont be doing any sort of studying, though... ive been emailing a bunch of people at bc and they all have been saying just to relax and enjoy the summer since there really is no good way to prepare anyway. so relaxation is pretty much the name of the game for me.  what about you? are you doing anything special?

im not sure i wish orientation was any earlier... the more time i can spend sleeping on the beach the better for me :) which isnt to say that im not excited about law school (i think about it just about 24-7!). i think its two days, which is way too short for my taste (i was hoping for a good 4 or 5 days). i was looking around the bc web site and i came across last years memo from the dean to the incoming class (http://www.bc.edu/schools/law/services/academic/memos/memos1/) so im assuming that it will be pretty much the same format for this year. i just hope that they have some sort of lecture about proper study habits. im really feeling lost about the proper way to take notes and do outlining.

where did you go to undergrad, by the way?

moxygal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2004, 01:59:25 PM »
oohh yes i may have to take you up on the ride offer :0) thanks! yeah im not really doing anything special in terms of preparing- i have a full time job through the beginning of august, so, as much as i'd like to think i could spend my evenings and weekends studying primers and what not, eehhh i doubt it. i've read law school confidential and looked through planet law school, but thats about it. i went to colgate university for undergrad :-) what about you?

eee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2004, 03:48:01 PM »
i went to tufts--undergrad and grad--so i definitely consider boston my home now. thats one of the main reasons why i chose bc... just so i could be back in boston! i come from a small town in maine and boston really does have that small town feel to it. its kinda like the small town that happens to be a city, you know? you said you were excited to move to boston... have you spent much time there?

moxygal

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2004, 07:26:50 PM »
yeah ive been to boston quite a few times now- many of my friends from undergrad are from there, and some friends from home will also be going to grad school/working in boston. i definitely agree that it has the small town feel to it- it just seems "nicer" to me than new york. did you apply to bu too? i was deciding between those two but thought bc would be my best bet since the atmosphere seemed more laid back and "collegial" so to speak. plus people from boston just rave about bc as a whole. where are you moving from-maine or somewhere else?