Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Suffolk Wait List  (Read 686 times)

JodiG3

• View Profile
    • Email
Suffolk Wait List
« on: June 14, 2005, 01:14:48 PM »
I received an email yesterday from Suffolk, where I was wait listed, asking if I was still interested and that they would be reviewing my file this week. Is this a good sign?  Has anybody been asked if they were still interested who's been on the wait list and then been denied?

Going to St Johns!

LawStudent?

• View Profile
Re: Suffolk Wait List
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 02:11:27 PM »
I received an email from the Dean asking me to get back as soon as possible if I wanted to be accepted from the wait list.  I didn't do as well as I would have liked on the LSAT and was not offered any financial aid so I thanked them but told them I will be reapplying for the next cycle, hopefully as a stronger applicant. I just can't afford to pay $100k for Suffolk.

dcjennsh20

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 10:41:14 AM »
Very interesting. Can I ask what your numbers are? I am on the waitlist too, and have been in touch with the Director of Admissions every 2-3 weeks. After speakign with him yesterday, I was told that they were overbooked with numbers and the waitlist would probably carry out through the durationof the summer. How did you get the Dean to accept you??? Any suggestions?

Here's a quick bio: I have taken the LSATs 3 times and have a 144, 148 and 148. My GPA 9is 3.5 from the George Washington University and I have two master's degrees from the London School of Economics (merit) and the Unviersity of Southern California (3.8 GPA).  I've also lived overseas in Japan for a year and have work experience with the government and trade associations. Please advise!!!

JodiG3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 12:45:18 PM »
I'm not 100% sure if I've been accepted or not...I've emailed back to the dean and said I was still interested, and haven't heard anything yet.  I didn't do anything as far as contacting them throughout the waitlist process, or submitted anything new.

My #s are:  LSAT 156, GPA from Boston University 2.99, but I've been out of school for almost 10 years, and have been working in the industry I want to study (intellectual property, I work in the music industry in performing rights) for about 8 years, so that may have played a factor?  I'm not sure...
Going to St Johns!

LawStudent?

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 01:25:34 PM »
My LSAT was 155 and GPA was 3.5.  I don't really have any suggestions on how to increase chances of being accepted.  Every school that I have spoken with seems to be primarily numbers driven.  Your best chance to improve your standing is to improve your numbers. 

pkjones

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 04:07:42 PM »
I am also on the wait-list at Suffolk. I have heard nothing. I did send a letter of intent and made a few phone calls to the dean of admissions. It was good to see some movement finally, although I am not very hopeful at this point and at this point I am planning to go to New England.

acl1013

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 12:02:57 PM »
I heard from JodiG3 and she ended up getting a letter offering her admittance after she received the email.  They gave her 2 weeks to make a decision.  I have a feeling after reading LSN and other threads on LSD that there will still be some waitlist movement.  Cross your fingers!