Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Freakin out about chances of Admission!  (Read 703 times)

BLAKEAGGIE98

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - BlakeAggie98
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Freakin out about chances of Admission!
« on: June 09, 2004, 03:58:44 PM »
Ok, I am kinda freaking out now. As many here probably know I have sh@#$y grades. about a 2.1 (all transcripts not in yet hoping that the 4or 5 JC classes will help) My UGPA was a 2.01 (one 100th of a point to spare, yeehaw!) Anyway. I just found the breakdown of the school I want to go to, South Texas College of Law on LSAC. It looks like this for Apps with GPA of 2.0-2.24  {LSAT 170-180 1 app 0 acc} {165-169 1app 0acc}  {160-164 7apps 1acc}  {155-159 10app 1 acc} So the two people with higher LSAT (than my practice scores) and my GPA WERE REJECTED! What the hell. So it looks like I have a 1 in 20 chance? What are they looking for? I have 5 years work exp. I had a weak majorthough. Lots of extra curr. Worked full time blaa blaa blaa. What do you guys think I need to increase my chances. I was thinking all along if I did really well on the LSAT then it was a definate.I mean this IS a T4 school and  according to all of the calculators it was 80-90% This does not look like 80-90% to me! What will help! Good LOR, Awesome PS, addendum? Man I am confused now
South Texas College of Law here I come!

Ginatio

Re: Freakin out about chances of Admission!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 04:06:02 PM »
it can't hurt to call them up and ask them about it.

the people that got high LSATs and were rejected probably had no extra-curriculars or work experience, and as such, they probably had bad LORs (since they did bad in school as well). the personal statement is big, too.

that's a pretty bad gpa, but if the rest of your application is bulletproof (LSAT, LOR, PS, ECs), i can't see them rejecting you.