Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Full Scholarship  (Read 2417 times)

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
Re: Full Scholarship
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2005, 02:31:12 PM »
I may have been able to talk UIUC into a full scholarship, I'll never know.  They initially offered me $10K per year.  When I turned them down for NU, they called back and asked, "What they could do to make UIUC more attractive".  I probably should have seen how high they were willing to go, but even if they had gone all the way, I don't think I would have been happier there than at NU. 

inthesun

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2005, 02:51:28 PM »
I got full tuition from UIUC.  I turned them down for full tuition, plus medican and life insurance at Wisconsin.

---------

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2005, 04:02:57 PM »
I got two full scholarships-Hamline and the University of Toledo. I declined both and settled in instate(w/a tiny bit of cash) at the local U.

jdavidso

• AOL Instant Messenger - chaklit
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2005, 12:16:34 PM »
i got a full ride at emory, which i neither applied for nor deserved. it was my first choice law school for most of my undergrad- so that was probably the best day of my life so far.

3.54, 164

The Truth

• Sr. Citizen
  • Running the Race Figuratively (MS pic sample)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2005, 11:18:35 PM »
I got a full ride from NYU for the Law & Business Fellowship (actually 2.5 years tuition with an option for the last year if I did public interest work for 10 or more weeks the on the 2nd summer internship)

This scholarship is for someone who has business exp. and can bring the perspective to the class. I have three years of work exp after getting an MBA in Finance with a 3.94 GGPA. 3.75+ LSAC GPA. Strong 160s LSAT (also URM just as FYI)

Ultimately I turned this down for about 2 years tuition at Penn do to personal and family reasons (hopefully cost of attendance difference will balance out the rest :).
The One, The Only, The Truth...
Attending: PENN$$$
W/D after Acc.(had next, LOL): NYU$$$,CLS$,CHI$$,GTown$$$,Duke$$,TX$$,NU(loans),Cornell?
WL'ed & then W/D: HLS(after hold), SLS
Rej: NONE
The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing but The Truth
Don't Hate Me, Because You Ain't Me (J/K, LOL)

tacojohn

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I voted. P. Diddy told us to vote"
    • ICQ Messenger - 176834534
    • MSN Messenger - tacojohniu@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TacoJohnIU
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tacojohniu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Fearfully Optimistic
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2005, 11:15:26 AM »
i got a full ride at emory, which i neither applied for nor deserved. it was my first choice law school for most of my undergrad- so that was probably the best day of my life so far.

3.54, 164
What do you mean you didn't apply for the scholarship?  It seems like almost all law schools do not have seperate scholarship applications, most consider you for merit aid as part of the admissions process.  And if they gave it to you, of course you deserved it.  Unless you got the offer because of a typo in the address.

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2005, 04:49:18 PM »
I got more than a full-ride to UofH with a mid-160-something LSAT and a mid-3 GPA.
Attending: Texas

makotosan

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hey, I didn't know boys felt like this inside.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - simulatedasian
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2005, 09:40:11 AM »
I was offered full plus (they didn't say how much the plus would be) at Hofstra and full at Seton Hall and St. John's.
Attending: Temple ($)
Accepted: Seton Hall (full $), St. John's (full $), Hofstra (full $), Lewis and Clark ($), Pitt ($)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=makotosan

http://excessivedicta.blogspot.com/

Unknown601

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2005, 03:08:45 PM »
I was offered a full ride at St John's w/ a 165 LSAT and a GPA just under 3.4 (technically it is just over 3.4 now after my final semester but they didnt see that).

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2005, 03:17:54 PM »
Full tuition scholarship at Widener DE.  With the GI Bill and State of DE scholarship, I'll be alright.  I'm still taking out some loans to cover living expenses.  I made a deal with myself (and Hubby) that if I can't keep the GPA required to keep the scholarship, I'm cutting my losses and going back to being a paralegal.  I can't justify going over $60,000 in the hole to graduate in the bottom of my class at a 4th tier school (I'm 35 with two pre-teens, a mortgage, etc....).  It wouldn't be fair to the fam.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166