Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cornell Summer Wait list.  (Read 27967 times)

WashUniv

• View Profile
Re: Cornell Summer Wait list.
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2005, 07:59:34 PM »
./

jkang2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2005, 08:27:43 PM »
@#!*. I left the other site because of the same *&^%. Show some respect to fellow users.  I don't understand these people making smart ass comments to just stur up a fight.

I am gonna drop it.   

marchofthepenguin

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2005, 08:04:10 PM »
my drop dead date is prolly going to be the end of this month as well.  the agony of waiting is eating me alive.  i need to suck it up and commit to a school that actually wants me to come.

siehead

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2005, 11:16:20 PM »
I'm going to go to usc. At this point, I don't even know if I would accept an offer from GULC or Cornell, seeing as it is so late in the game. Northwestern, Boalt, or Columbia are the only schools that still have me captivated at this point.

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2005, 12:42:18 PM »
I have given up on the wait list miracle myself.  I've signed a lease on a place in Boston, and I am feeling very good about attending BC. It is a wonderful feeling having some certainty for the fall.

siehead

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2005, 01:05:34 PM »
good for you neub, Im glad to see at least some of us with a bit of peace of mind. However, you know that you will get a call the day you sign the lease right?

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 17, 2005, 02:34:47 AM »
lol siehead. It is ironic that even with my new found peace of mind, I still religiously check the wait list section. Good luck at USC.

billmcbain...I am not withdrawing as of yet, but sooner or later I will...(my subconscious holding out for a 12th hour miracle).

Gary Glitter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: July 17, 2005, 03:32:04 AM »
after being placed on the "summer waiting list" i confronted reality and decided that the odds of me ACTUALLY being at cornell come august were exceptionally slim. with this realization in mind, (and having already paid my second seat desposit on a back up that i am very happy with) i decided that the best course of action would be for me to cancel my place on the list so that 1) i would not spend the entirety of my summer anxiously waiting around in vain 2) would be wasting my time / money / effort getting set up with where i am moving to and 3) give my law school situation a sense of finality that has been conspicuously absent and elusive since sending my apps out in september or whenever i sent them - i mean we were talking a good part of a year here, it was getting a little ridiculous. anyway, for those still waiting, good luck - hope that at least ONE of you make it off this list after all of this talk, speculation, and discussion.
The Good:Harvard, Stanford
The Bad:
The Ugly: Yale

jkang2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2005, 02:42:19 PM »
after being placed on the "summer waiting list" i confronted reality and decided that the odds of me ACTUALLY being at cornell come august were exceptionally slim. with this realization in mind, (and having already paid my second seat desposit on a back up that i am very happy with) i decided that the best course of action would be for me to cancel my place on the list so that 1) i would not spend the entirety of my summer anxiously waiting around in vain 2) would be wasting my time / money / effort getting set up with where i am moving to and 3) give my law school situation a sense of finality that has been conspicuously absent and elusive since sending my apps out in september or whenever i sent them - i mean we were talking a good part of a year here, it was getting a little ridiculous. anyway, for those still waiting, good luck - hope that at least ONE of you make it off this list after all of this talk, speculation, and discussion.

yeah, it was nice having you around.  What was your second choice??

klarkkunning

• View Profile
    • LSN profile
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2005, 09:44:54 PM »
tag.
You are a living mockery of your ideals.  Otherwise you have set your ideals too low.