Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cornell Summer Wait list.  (Read 28412 times)

idontknow

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Cornell Summer Wait list.
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2005, 05:33:16 PM »
Great deduction...I am later in the alphabet also

I didn't get anything in the mail today. My last name starts with a P so I guess that alphabet thing might be right.

OnDayAtaTime

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2005, 05:35:18 PM »
I called them today and they told me that a decision has yet to be made on my file. I was a Reserve from December that kept getting reserved!

idontknow

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2005, 05:37:42 PM »
Wow..I can't believe they're  not done making decisions...how long do they need?

Gary Glitter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2005, 07:12:57 PM »
yeah i'm late in the alphabet as well

i'm sort of amazed by this

late early whatever. we're threatening late june here. the letter specifically stated end of may ...

but in matters such as these professionalism does not necessarily dictate a speedy and timely response

no - i haven't called them, i sort of balked at the prospect when i realized that there were others that still haven't heard

ok for those who haven't heard yet, lets all be insanely optimistic and think of it this way: the waiting list and rejection letters have gone out, we're just waiting for our acceptance packets. you know, they're larger, require more paper work - takes longer for the secretaries to stuff them :)
The Good:Harvard, Stanford
The Bad:
The Ugly: Yale

Everyman

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2005, 08:24:23 PM »
I wouldn't doubt that they have them in ABC order, and that they're going through them just to weed them out.  Basically, since it seems to be either waitlist or reject, they could be just going one by one and choosing one of the two available options.

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2005, 10:42:37 PM »
seems to fit the situations...i'm an E

hopefulandwaiting

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2005, 01:26:05 AM »
To all those that believe in the alphabet thing...my last name begins with G and I got my letter dated June 7th--for whatever its worth.
153/3.7
I'm in: Catholic, McGeorge (w/drawn), Chapman (w/drawn)
I'm in with $$: UNLV, Seattle University
Rejected: Fordham, Georgetown
Waitlisted: Pepperdine, Cornell, W+M,

jblawguy

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2005, 08:43:41 AM »
During a phone call a couple of days ago they said that they were not accepting anyone off of the reserve list, so if these delays are acceptances, I will be surprised. Good luck anyway.

uvablue

• Stats: GPA - 3.5 (UVA), LSAT - 168
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2005, 10:01:10 AM »
I think the alphabet thing is good guess.  I'm an H and I think I got mine a couple days after jclaw, who is a C.  To think I beat up my mailman for nothing...well, he deserved for delivering those silly rejections from NYU, Columbia, Penn, and Michigan.

Even if it is the alphabet thing, I think Impaired makes an excellent point...they said late May and now we're approaching mid-June.  Since it takes a few weeks to get all the waitlist cards mailed back in, they probably won't even be able to move on the waitlist until the end of June or start of July.  Argh...More waiting for the most impatient man on earth.
ATTENDING: Vanderbilt!! (10K Scholarship)
Accepted: Emory (10K Scholarship)
Waitlist: UVA
Formerly Reserved, but now Waitlisted: Cornell
Denied: Gtown, NYU, Columbia, UMich

jblawguy

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2005, 10:23:50 AM »
In general, I think if you cannot have your status up in the air for awhile, you should not be sticking on this wait list. (I am not saying you folks cannot handle this, I am just saying our situation will not be resolved anytime soon). I am confident that at least a few spots will open up at Cornell, but my guess is that this will not happen anytime soon and that most wait list people will end up being disappointed.

Getting into Cornell is important enough for me that I am willing to stick on this for another month or so, but if my current option was close to being as good for me as Cornell would be, I would withdraw and just get closure. Personally, I am freaked out about being able to get a place to live at my other option should Cornell continue to close its doors to me.

I feel for all of you folks in this situation. If I ran the university I would be doubling the class size just this once...  ;)

Bottom line, I agree that I our best hope is around the beginning of July for the first spot to open up.