In general, I think if you cannot have your status up in the air for awhile, you should not be sticking on this wait list. (I am not saying you folks cannot handle this, I am just saying our situation will not be resolved anytime soon). I am confident that at least a few spots will open up at Cornell, but my guess is that this will not happen anytime soon and that most wait list people will end up being disappointed.
Getting into Cornell is important enough for me that I am willing to stick on this for another month or so, but if my current option was close to being as good for me as Cornell would be, I would withdraw and just get closure. Personally, I am freaked out about being able to get a place to live at my other option should Cornell continue to close its doors to me.
I feel for all of you folks in this situation. If I ran the university I would be doubling the class size just this once...
Bottom line, I agree that I our best hope is around the beginning of July for the first spot to open up.