Law School Discussion

You know you're from the North when...

amarain

• View Profile
Re: You know you're from the North when...
« Reply #300 on: June 14, 2005, 02:03:10 PM »
That's because there is still such a thing as a gentleman in the South.

*cough* bull *cough*

Fights aren't exactly gentlemanly... and I always walk on the street side of a lady so I can protect them from cars... 'cause my mommy tought me :D

No, fights are stupid. But the idea of having rules for fights harkens back to the whole age of gentlemen and duels and such.

And as someone who spends a lot of time in both the South and the North, I can say that there really is still a sense of chivalry in the South that apparently no longer exists in the North.

PresClay_00

« Reply #301 on: June 14, 2005, 02:03:45 PM »
anything other than a one on one fight is ricockulous.  it's the puss way out and you deserve a beat down for it.  

but see, I've learned that this mentality is distinctly southern.  All my yankee friends were like "that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard!  It's a fight! There are no 'rules'!"

there are definitely rules.  one on one, back off if he's down and walk away after he has been humbled enough to prove the point

Abevigoda

• You've been Kittled!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 14, 2005, 02:04:24 PM »
What school in Arkansas?

hilljack

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 14, 2005, 02:04:48 PM »
Those are the rules.  The very rarely followed rules.

Merc

« Reply #304 on: June 14, 2005, 02:05:42 PM »
i dunno, i think if i went down south and started a fight a group of southerners would try to beat me down. havent you ever watched walker texas ranger.

heh.  Like I said, if you went into Percy's or probably Riley's, you'd get mauled.  Roy's or Ossies is a bit different crowd.  They'd still pick a fight with the fresh meat, but it would probably be one on one.

Merc

« Reply #305 on: June 14, 2005, 02:06:24 PM »
What school in Arkansas?

Harding University

fooseball22

« Reply #306 on: June 14, 2005, 02:06:47 PM »
see thats when the real fight rule comes into effect...since im such a bad ass, id just stab the guy with my shiv and they'd leave me alone.

Abevigoda

• You've been Kittled!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 14, 2005, 02:07:31 PM »
I have a friend at Springhill in Alabama and he said there are a whole bunch of Northerners too. Is that pretty common?

Merc

« Reply #308 on: June 14, 2005, 02:08:44 PM »
see thats when the real fight rule comes into effect...since im such a bad ass, id just stab the guy with my shiv and they'd leave me alone.

that is the difference right there.  If you bust out a weapon, and use it on one of their buddies, you've violated the code.  They wouldn't leave you alone, they'd lynch you.

__

• Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 14, 2005, 02:09:16 PM »
...when you've never reakon'd anything.

trying to get away from this fighting talk