Law School Discussion

You know you're from the North when...

fooseball22

Re: You know you're from the North when...
« Reply #280 on: June 14, 2005, 01:28:23 PM »
just saying...the guys who fight are usually not the 'real scrappers', theyre the posers...and it doesnt surprise me that you mentioned 2 jersey guys.

Merc

« Reply #281 on: June 14, 2005, 01:29:59 PM »
just saying...the guys who fight are usually not the 'real scrappers', theyre the posers...and it doesnt surprise me that you mentioned 2 jersey guys.

heh! they were such a joke.  two-for-one deal and you could tell they didn't have a damn clue what they were doing.

fooseball22

« Reply #282 on: June 14, 2005, 01:31:21 PM »
lemme guess, they started off trying to get in your face and would try to push you with their chest or something soft like that?

Merc

« Reply #283 on: June 14, 2005, 01:35:35 PM »
lemme guess, they started off trying to get in your face and would try to push you with their chest or something soft like that?

mostly just yellin.  Started over a game of pool.  they said I didn't call the pocket (which I clearly did, it was 2 inches in front of the corner.  It had been blocking that pocket for ten minutes) I was younger and a little less easygoing than I am now.  One of 'em did try to bring his poolcue outside with him though.

ccorsi

« Reply #284 on: June 14, 2005, 01:40:28 PM »
I knocked out a kid from Savannah once with one punch.

He came at me and I gave him a Jersey uppercut.

C2

fooseball22

« Reply #285 on: June 14, 2005, 01:41:10 PM »
hahaha a pool hall...maybe in the south thats where the tough guys hang out, but definitely not in the north.

def. not in a jersey pool hall either.

Merc

« Reply #286 on: June 14, 2005, 01:45:48 PM »
hahaha a pool hall...maybe in the south thats where the tough guys hang out, but definitely not in the north.

def. not in a jersey pool hall either.

you guys need to come on down to the south.  where I'm from there is the Malco Twin, which shows two movies and all the junior high kids hang out, and Percy's Pool Hall. 

Percy's is hardcore 'neck.  Truck drivers, factory workers, and farm boys.

That's it as far as entertainment establishments.  Then there's Roy's, Riley's Pig, and Ossies Bars.

On Friday nights you cruise 'em all, lookin' to blow off steam, in one way or the other.

fooseball22

« Reply #287 on: June 14, 2005, 01:48:08 PM »
they'd sniff out a bonified new york yankee in 2 seconds...no thanks.

Merc

« Reply #288 on: June 14, 2005, 01:51:02 PM »
they'd sniff out a bonified new york yankee in 2 seconds...no thanks.

sadly, this is true.  It wouldn't matter how tough you were, cause the numbers alone would do you in.  It'd be a feeding frenzy!

Not all places in the south are this way, though.  And I'd say a good 60-70% of southern guys still believe in one-on-one fights.  There's a kind of unwritten code about that crap down here.

__

• Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 14, 2005, 01:53:13 PM »
what... did someone say farmboys???
:D