Law School Discussion

DUI on Record

consideringcancel

DUI on Record
« on: June 12, 2005, 03:20:24 PM »
How bad does a DUI (wet reckless) from 3 years ago look on my record? If my numbers are good enough, will this not even be a consideration? If I conveniently forget to mention this misdeameanor, will they eventually find out? Please help. If you have direct experience, even better. Thanks.

jdw112

Re: DUI on Record
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 03:51:14 PM »
Dude, wtf? Answer all character/history questions honestly. If the question leaves wiggle room, it is your call. Personally, I don't care. It isn't like I have some moral compass that says always do the right thing, and to preach it unto others. Risk it if you like. If you don't disclose, you will eventually face the Character & Fitness part of the bar. This omission of yours would likely cause you some problems.

Edit: typo

cassise

• To eliminate any confusion
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 05:14:12 PM »
Law school might not find out, but if they dont you just spent lots of money to never be allowed to take the bar.

But its your call.

consideringcancel

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 05:29:08 PM »
I am more concerned with how it looks on my record, I thought the conveniently part tipped off sarcasm...should I use italics next time? Regardless, can anyone help with this? Preeze.

jdw112

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 05:34:32 PM »
It looks bad.

hth

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 05:59:39 PM »
I had a dui when I was in ug, about 14 years ago, but I do not think that it hurt me in my applications and as long as you are honest I do not see it hurting you.

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2005, 09:06:39 PM »
Disclose it and use it in your PS; talk about how you want to become a lawyer so you can help accused drunk drivers beat the charges on technicalities.  :D