Law School Discussion

Apartments in Houston - Near STCL or UH

cam108

• View Profile
Re: Apartments in Houston - Near STCL or UH
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2005, 10:31:49 PM »
well thats good to know! In the apartment finder booklet, they only have about 5 listings with  those 2 included in the innerloop/med center area. They list as starting around $600 or so, which doesn't seem to bad. Unless of course thats just the price they're quoting in the booklet and then when you go inquire the price is really 3x as much. I just hope this isnt all in vain!! ???

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2005, 01:58:01 PM »
Everyone is so helpful in houston! Its gonna really suck if I don't get into one of these schools! thanks for all the info guys! :D

Anyone heard anything about Allen House? or Wake Forest apartments?

Allen House is in a great location!  It is right on Allen Parkway.  It is one of the older apartment communities in the area (I like just up Allen Parkway from there) but is definately a nice one, and good for the money.  You won't find a better price in that area.  I know someone that used to live there, I'll ask them what they thought of it and let ya know.

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2005, 02:15:43 PM »
Also in the area that Allen House is located, and the relative same style/age of complex/rental rate/safety/etc. is the Archstone complex on the corner of Studemont and Washington.  I don't know much about it specifically, I live accross Studemont so I see it everyday, and I used to know someone that lived there for $580/mo.  That is REALLY CHEAP for the area, considering I pay $1100/mo for a one br.  But the location is worth it!

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2005, 02:33:28 PM »
Everyone is so helpful in houston! Its gonna really suck if I don't get into one of these schools! thanks for all the info guys! :D

Anyone heard anything about Allen House? or Wake Forest apartments?

Allen House is in a great location! It is right on Allen Parkway. It is one of the older apartment communities in the area (I like just up Allen Parkway from there) but is definately a nice one, and good for the money. You won't find a better price in that area. I know someone that used to live there, I'll ask them what they thought of it and let ya know.

Here's what my friend that lives in Allen House has to say:
"Yes, Allen House worked out very well for me for the last two years, and I think your friend would probably think it's a good deal, considering the location, etc. I'm not sure what a 1-1 is pricing at these days, but I'm sure the leasing office would be willing to negotiate a fair price. The maintenance their was always very good, so that's a plus."

cam108

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2005, 03:08:46 PM »
Thanks for all the helpful info regarding Allen House Tracigu3. :)

I emailed them last night to obtain more info.

cam108

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2005, 10:37:03 PM »
For those of you who have received or started the fin aid process at your schools, could you tell me, do they specify how much of your COL money is for rent?? Is there some sort of set limit or range that is set? Just curious, since that would greatly affect any apartment decisions.

thanks

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2005, 07:22:23 AM »
check out UH's website, they have the 2005-2006 budget posted, the amount they allow for rent is ridiculously low, like around $500/mo!

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2005, 05:18:57 PM »
check out UH's website, they have the 2005-2006 budget posted, the amount they allow for rent is ridiculously low, like around $500/mo!

When I looked at renting (before I realized I could buy), I found a lot of 1 bedroom apartments for around $500 a month that I actually liked. Their budget is totally possible. It would be much easier to live in a luxurious place like Traci's if you were splitting a 2 bedroom with someone. (Will your fiance be coming with you and splitting rent? If so, that works!)

cam108

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2005, 05:35:36 PM »
yes he is, but with this whole waitlist thing, its kinda frustrating him. Plus, he doesnt know where to look for a job, since I'm on all these waitlists! oh, well hopefully I'll hear something soon. The Granite Club looks really nice and its pretty cheap to. Anyone familiar with it?

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2005, 07:19:18 PM »
yes he is, but with this whole waitlist thing, its kinda frustrating him. Plus, he doesnt know where to look for a job, since I'm on all these waitlists! oh, well hopefully I'll hear something soon. The Granite Club looks really nice and its pretty cheap to. Anyone familiar with it?

What type of work does your fiance do? Where do you live now? Have you visited? I just moved here (officially) this weekend. More importantly, want to buy a size 10, once worn wedding dress? ;)