Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Whittier 1L  (Read 1792 times)

shortee19

• View Profile
    • Email
Whittier 1L
« on: June 09, 2004, 01:16:13 PM »
So who's coming to Whittier with me!?

jgomez

Re: Whittier 1L
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 01:39:47 PM »
most of the people that will reply to this email probably are on the yahoo group you joined.

what was your main reason you chose whittier over chapman? 

jgomez

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 01:46:55 PM »
and another thing, most people on this law board, and probably any other law board, are non-4th tier bound.  so you probably won't get alot of replies.

kaligrrl79

• AOL Instant Messenger - kaligrrl79
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 02:48:36 PM »
wow. That was harsh. I guess you're right though, we can assume anyone with the name "gomez" won't be going to a 4th tier. I love the fair and equal world we live in.

GA_Kristi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Whittier Law School Class of 2007
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 02:55:03 PM »
There are starting to be more and more t3 and t4 bound students on these boards, I've actually been impressed.  And I think this was a good thread to start, there hasn't been one in a couple of months. 

I'm headed to Whittier...and actually so is Gomez (I'll speak for him since he hasn't responded).

Kaligrrl, are you headed to Whittier as well?
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious." - Vince Lombardi

GA_Kristi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 02:55:50 PM »
Oh, I almost forgot...

Shortee, congrats on choosing Whittier!  :)

How did you finally make your decision??
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious." - Vince Lombardi

kaligrrl79

• AOL Instant Messenger - kaligrrl79
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 03:07:59 PM »
I guess that was a miscommunication then. No I am not headed to Whittier. (Although that was where I took the LSAT) I am thinking about whether or not to go to law school. The application process hasn't been very kind to me.

jgomez

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 03:08:54 PM »
kaligrrl79, like GA_Krista said, i am going to whittier 4th tier.  and really, i'm saying it from my own experience on all the boards i've been on, there really isn't really alot of 4th tier bound prospective students, or at least they don't post alot.

in the beginning of my posting experiences, alot of 1st bound students (the majority) would jump on us 4th tier bound.  now, they just ignore us :)

wow. That was harsh. I guess you're right though, we can assume anyone with the name "gomez" won't be going to a 4th tier. I love the fair and equal world we live in.

GA_Kristi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 03:14:21 PM »
Kali - Did you apply this year?  Where is it you would like to go?  Best of luck to you...don't give up if law school is what you want to do!  I had a horrible admissions season last year and then did much better this year, so keep your head up  :)

shortee19

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 06:34:24 PM »
"wow. That was harsh. I guess you're right though, we can assume anyone with the name "gomez" won't be going to a 4th tier. I love the fair and equal world we live in."

lol!

i chose whittier over chapman because of several reasons. one reason was because i just felt more comfortable there; the students seemed nicer and less cutthroat. also, i thought it was very important that whittier has a wider alumni base than chapman. its also more known than chapman across the state and nation. i think i had some other reasons, but i dont remember what they are. lol. all i know is that i had to make a decision by 5pm that day, so i just basically said a school name and stuck to it!